Sign in to follow this  

Atk 605 Owners!!!!

If you own or even considered owning an ATK 605 96 or newer please e-mail Clarke Mfg. and tell them you want a bigger tank. sales@clarkemfg.com We're trying to get them to make us a bigger tank, said they would consider if there was enough interest. - Thanks Dan

If you own or even considered owning an ATK 605 96 or newer please e-mail Clarke Mfg. and tell them you want a bigger tank. sales@clarkemfg.com We're trying to get them to make us a bigger tank, said they would consider if there was enough interest. - Thanks Dan

Doesn't it already have like a 3.6 gallon tank?

Its closer to 3 gallons, and at highway/race speed mine will only go about 80-90 miles to reserve and another 5-10 on reserve. Tip it on its side or install another petcock and maybe another 15.

MotoXotica ,I'm assuming you tried something similiar? Its still worth a shot. I'm holding my breath, even though I'm getting a little light headed :thumbsup: - Dan

yes, i was after them to make a berg tank,numerous calls,lots of talk ,no results.they are a fine company but dont have a history of making tanks for anything i sell other than huskys so old it dont matter,dan.

I would try rigging a BD http://www.bajadesigns.com/ side panel tank for a KTM, it gives you an extra 1.1gal. I've e-mailed Clarke and IMS many times to build a Husaberg tank, and they still build that bike. You will probably have a harder time getting them to produce something for an out of production bike that was originally built in limited numbers, and already has a fairly large tank. Back in the 90's I begged an pleaded for a Husky 610 tank, to no avail. :thumbsup:

has anyone solved the need for added gas to these bikes yet? I need another 1-2 gallons

The Baja Designs side panel tank for KTM seems to be the best solution. There is a guy on ATK motorsports.com that has one installed. I have not had a problem with the fuel range on mine, it goes 100-110 miles when jetted properly. I ride pretty slow....

The Baja Designs side panel tank for KTM seems to be the best solution. There is a guy on ATK motorsports.com that has one installed. I have not had a problem with the fuel range on mine, it goes 100-110 miles when jetted properly. I ride pretty slow....

I live on the border of nowehere arizona, to the west of where I live lies nothing. Thanks for the baja link ill check it out!

+1 on that. I am in AZ too. My 605 has proven to be a great desert bike. I think you will like yours if it is in good condition.

Since I last posted on this thread like 2 years ago, I bought my buddies '97 605, which has low miles, but a brownish-yellow brittle looking tank. Kieth at American Dirt Bike http://www.americandirtbike.com/ has said (quite a while ago) he is going to build a run of new tanks and knows the guy who has the original molds. It would be nice if they could make the right side solid and get a little more capacity. Plug access is nice but I'll take extra fuel over easy plug changes on a four stroke any day.

Also since my last post, Clarke started building 4 gallon tanks for the old style Bergs because Rick Bozarth at BOSS basically stepped up and comitted to order a bunch of them-thanks Rick http://offroadboss.com/.

Probably the only way to get a "new" tank built for this bike would be to get some sort of "group" buy going here and over at the ATK site http://www.atkmotorsports.com/atkbb/ . Seems unlikely it could fly though. I remember hearing rumors that Clarke required a $10k order to produce a tank. Kieth's deal seems to be our best bet. I fortunately found a super clean used tank over at the ATK site and plan on having my nasty one Line-X coated.