Sign in to follow this  

WR250f help

Ok, so like i said before i have my friends bike over at my house, now i dont know anything about this bike so bare with me :thumbsup:

the red button/pull-out is choke?

the black button/pull-out is ???

also it has one of those extra levers, and i have no idea how to use it!

any help would be awsome! thanks

P.

does he have the manual? might be a good place to start.

no this kid is a totaly spoiled brat that doesnt care about his bike, if it doesnt work he just takes it to the shop

If this is an 01 or 02, the red button you pull out is the hot start. The black is the choke. The extra lever is the decompression mechanism.

its either 2002 or 2003, whats the difference in buttons for 2003?

and what/how does decompression mechanism work?

If its an 03 model it shoudn't have a decompression lever (the decompression mechanism is automatic on these models). Its probably an 01 or 02 model.

To the best of my knowledge, the black is allways for choke and the red is always for hot-start.

The decompression mechanism works by slightly depressing one of the exhaust valves (when you pull the lever in). As you kick it over, one of the exhaust valves is held open (only slightly) to lower the pressure within the cylinder, thus making it easier to turn over when the piston reaches top dead centre. When you release the lever, the exhaust valve is allowed to close fully at top dead centre, thus raising the cylinder pressure (normal operation condition).

ahhh ok, that helped alot thanks!

so how do i use the compresion mechanism? do i kick it once with it open then without it open or?

The decomp lever is only used to position the piston just past top dead center.

You will feel alot of resistance right before t.d.c. then pull the lever in you will feel

the kicker fall and then start to feel a light resistance.Let go of the lever let,the kicker

return all the way to the top,and kick like you mean it.Once you do it a few times it's very easy to start.