Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal CRF450

I wouldn't do it, buddy of mine has his road legal and it is nothing but problems, these bikes don't like to be in a high rpm for very long do to lack of oil circulating, you need to do several mods to make it work properly that will end up costing you mega $$$. From what I hear, the CRF450X is a better choice for the street due to the longer gears, but even then.. He bought a titled XR650L frame from ebay and just plated the CRF with that plate, and runs the baja designs light setup. If you want to make the CRF street ready, and what I mean by ready is that you don't have to rebuild it ever 10 hrs and street legal, your end result will be about $8,000-$10,000 to make it right. I would sell yours, if you have one and look into a Husqvarna, KTM, Husaberg, even the underpowered DRZ400SM would be a more obvious choice, Good Luck!

yasu yanni! nice bike you know in greece alot of people ride dirt bikes on the road and obviously its easier to tag them too.california wont let you tag jack you have to fenegal the system like the one guy did and hope you dont get in trouble.some people have never seen a kx250 with a plate on it on the road in the US so i guess...anyway dirt bikes are on the road everywhere else in the world except some places like cali....without mods but i rode my yz250 on the freeway in san diego ...a long time ago...and well now i would.ve perfered the xt600 for such a ride...anyways ,dude if you wanna tag it in cali get a old honda frame with a tag from the junkyard for a couple hundred bucks and just stay off the freeway unless you gear it down for it ,cause in LA if you aint going 85 someones goona b coming up your ass!goodluck

DMV laws say you cant convert bikes to street legal now

dmv laws change with each dmv i found out so i dont deal with the dmv any more i go to a title service office and get what i need without the headache.@#@#@%%^$&*!!! the dmv.they can just fall off thier high horse for all i care they gave me such a heart ache trying to title my vor from italy they didnt know jack .i went to three different dmvs and got three different reasons why i cant title my bike. well if you look at the pics you'll see the plate on the back no thanx to any dmv kook.sure they love to say NO.NO YOU CANT DO THAT SORRY....they can bl## me

Just so happens, I have a CA plated '03 crf450r for sale. Bike is stock with Kibblewhite valves and springs and an '04 piston. Suspension is sprung and valved for intermediate 200-230lb trail rider. Call me if anyone is interested. $4500 Phil 530-318-3918 Thanks

Just thought I'd chime in and boast that I've got a 2002 YZ 250 smoker with a Cali Plate. You'll have to pry it from it from my dead cold hands if you want it.