Sign in to follow this  

04 kx250f wont start

ok..i just bought this bike for 800 and had to buy a whole new head valves..everything on th topend..(procircuit topend basiclly)i have just under 1800 in it and i got the timing spot on..or so the kawi mechanic says...but i cant get it to run...all it does is backfire everything 50 kicks...the spark looks kinda weak..could that be the problem..

IMG0114.jpg

IMG0115.jpg

IMG0117.jpg

i had the same thing happend to mine and it turns out that the cam sproket moved half a tooth and messed it all up

check the plate on the carb slide this can be fitted upside down and will cause this

Re-check clearences nd double check the timing again! BTW you got an awesome deal. I bought one in the winter for 1400.

There was a recall on the 04 models to replace the CDI unit. I would check to see if your bike is in the batch recalled.

Are you getting good fresh fuel to the motor ? Pull the carby and check that it is all fine.

I always blip the throttle once or twice a couple of minutes before I am going to start mine to get some fuel in the system., especially when the bike has not been started for a while.