Sign in to follow this  

Port and Polish XR100

I'm looking for some extra power from my 03' XR100. I already have a BBR exhaust, a UNI filter, a drilled airbox, and was looking for something to do to give it more power without spending much money (a big bore kit is in the future). I was wondering if anyone's port and polished their engine or has ever done it themselves? Also do you guys have any advice when doing this yourself? :ride:

I'm working at a highend bike shop right now and thought I'd do it there because they would have the tools.

Thanks

-Marc :thumbsup:

Getting your engine to breath correctly is key... Porting is great. Don't take to much...

Polish the exhaust and deburr the intake...

flow bench is nice but not a must... It's a 100cc bike...

What difference does size make? The idea is to see if you are improving flow or not. A few extra heads to experiment on along with the flow bench would be good too.

Their is no replacement for displacement !! If you want good power, build a stroker motor and/or big bore it. You will feel little difference in that bike by porting the cylinder.

Personally, I would recommend against it. If you have not seen anybody do it and have them explain what they're doing and why, you will most likely F it up in a hurry. It takes practice to grind without it slipping and gouging thing you don't won't grinded. Plus the performance you will get will be marginal, if you don't have any other or few mods to go with it. If you can't beat a guy now with your motor, you still won't be able to beat him if you port it. Just save up and get kitaco motor or a PRC motor (they do the work for you).