Sign in to follow this  

Slight Cornering Problem.....Help plz?!

Ok I have a weird problem......while im practicing cornering i notice something a little odd. I can attack right handed corners with pretty good speed but when i go to do a left handed corner it doesnt feel the same...if any1 has any ideas to help me i would greatly appreciate it..thanx

It's the opposite for me because on left hand turns I can gte my foot out and still use the back brake. Are you righty or lefty?

You'll always be a little more comfortable/better at turning one direction over the other. There a lot of things at work against you here.

Your natural tendency towards one side over the other i.e. if you jump in the air and spin, which way is more natural? Which foot do you lead with? What handed are you?

There's also the obvious throttle, clutch, brake issues. Being able to freely operate these while pushing/pulling on the bars and changing body position is probably the biggest factor and what you should pat attention to. Chances are good that your body position is totaly different from one side to the other, because of this.

Just make sure you're loose, upright, keeping both elbows up and sitting on the corner of the seat.

From my thoughts, I'd say that your right elbow might be a bit low when you're turning left, keeping you from moving to the top corner of the seat.

You have to work through it. Yes, you do have slight control issues since turning to the right you will loose your brake foot. But its a skill you have to develop like any other sport. Practice, practice, practice. It really doesn't matter if you are right or left handed. Practice your weakness twice as much as your strengths. You'll learn to go fast on both corners.

If you play tennis or soccer, virtually any other sport, there are certain fundamentals you develop, and this is just another one of them.

theres a very simple way for improvement in this area you need two tire/cone/big rock ect. and do figure of eight and keep at it have your but crack on the out side edge put weight centred and push your outside foot down on the outside peg it is a pretty crappy excercise but keep at it and you will notice results after about 1 - 2 hours of continuious repitions.