who,s right ?who,s wrong?

av read many ppl who have wr,s saying there hard 2 get started,sumtimes nearly impossible when left for a week or 2 in garage!then other wr riders say there 8yr old son can kick it up!even there wives can 1st time!who,s right??? + with the wr400 do u have to clean the oil filter all time?? the wr is an amazing bike but is it a pain 2 look after and maintain???

if it is well maintained, it will start every kick. i've never even had to kick it more than 5 times after dumping it. only had to use the hot start twice. my little bro (14, 5'6", 115 lbs.) can start it with ease. just takes patience.

the reason all those pro bikes (fonseca's 250f, etc..) are seen on television giving their rider fits is cuz the mods done to them. remember, those are not anywhere near stock bikes. they have overbores, high compression kits, microscopic valve clearances, high(er) performance cams, run extremely high octane gas, etc... it's no wonder they don't want to start if the conditions aren't perfect. LOL

the wr is possibly the most reliable starter onthe planet (2nd to the xr line of course. those are bulletproof.) ?

My 01 WR 426 starts on the first kick 9 times out of 10 and on the second kick the rest of the time. I start it just like I used to start my big old hog XR. Pull in the compression release run it through once and on the second kick drop the release lever just before your leg hits bottom. The momentum of the kick (with no compression) starts it everytime. I have only used my hot start button once and dont forget NO gas...

For the most part my YZ would start right up. After flooding it, it might take a while. My problem was in the heat of racing (crashing), I'd lose patience and kick myself crazy. After regrouping, clearing it out, and kicking it like it is a YZ it would start. Now I have a E-start KTM. Talk about easy to start, but a real pain to service. Actually I love to work on my bikes, so I don't mind 2 filters, 2 screens and a drain plug every other ride.

On the other hand, some people just can not figure it out. I've got a buddie who can not start his 426 when hot. He'll kich for 10 min. Us who know the drill can start it in a kick or 2. Some people just can not follow instructions.

not to tear down Buell cause I love em' to death. but.....my 2001 WR is much easier to start than both of my Buells. The WR is simple, just go through the same process every time and she will start off with the first kick. The Buells need a little convincing if it is too cold, too hot, or they havent been run for a few weeks. Nothing major, you just have to know where to hold the throttle depending on the weather and position of the moon.

later,

Ronin

Benny, Your threats don't bother me, Also you comments on what you want to do to my girlfriend doesnt bother me at all!! Your "private message" you sent me is "Lame like you"!!! If you cant take a fun joke then you should go back to the hole where you came from!! Why do you have to send it private?? What do you have to hide??

Dan....

I must certainly agree with your analogy of Benny. The Private message he sent me reminded me of a 2 year old on crap laced oatmeal. This guy talks out his a$$ cause his mind knows better. It is more than aparent that he has nothing of value to add to any conversation in this forum "If you will review his posts" he keeps asking the same questions that have asked and answered over and over again. Benny is obviously an uneducated boob and It would appear that a better use of his "or his mommy's" money would be better spent on a quality education.

I will waste no more hard earned knowledge on this idiot.

Bonzai ?

Hey Fella's!

I thought I was the only one to receive a personal attack. My guess is I won't be sharing a beer w/ Benny for awhile (not until he is at least drinking age). His first "Personal" letter to me ended in "DIE", which I construed as being slightly negative.

For his second personal letter, I'll need a British translater (Taffy?). What is a "Kiddie Fiddler" and what does "Slag me off" mean?? ?:D:D:D

Well I guess I wasn't the only one to recieve "special" attention from our friend, Benny. Benny you are obviously a moron! We have a thing in the states called "Hooked on phonics". It's for small children, or illiterate adults such as yourself, to help them learn how to read and write. Before you come on OUR site with this crap, try brushing up on the "queens english" just a bit, huh!

Bill,

You should remove this persons access to this site!

Mike

There is no way to really lock them out. They can just re-register with another name. I would guess, based on his spelling grammer and shortcuts, that he would not be able to disguise himself for long. I like just mocking these types ?

Benny,

I warned you about the way you treat people here at ThumperTalk. I told you they are a bunch of diverse guys who still have the maturity to get along. I also warned you that if you didn't conduct your self accordingly, they membership would let you know.

I would have done this via private message, but it appears you have had to lock out your private message send icon (wonder why).

If you care to participate on this site you have 48 hours to contact me at bandjhall@home.com

Wayneo,

Ouch........

Bill

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Bill ]

Originally posted by Bill:

Benny,

I warned you about the way you treat people here at ThumperTalk. I told you they are a bunch of diverse guys who still have the maturity to get along. I also warned you that if you didn't conduct your self accordingly, they membership would let you know.

I would have done this via private message, but it appears you have had to lock out your private message send icon (wonder why).

If you care to participate on this site you have 48 hours to contact me at bandjhall@home.com

Wayneo,

Ouch........

Bill

[ November 23, 2001: Message edited by: Bill ]

Bill,

I know that Steve and I are in good hands with you. Please let me know what you think is the best response. To date we've not revoked a single member's account, however, there is a first for everything. I look forward to your reply.

Bryan

Originally posted by Steve Claus:

I'm on it...check out the next post! ?

--Steve

Hey Guys,

Steve here (as Benny)...I HAVE THE POWER! :D

FYI: Benny is about to leave the building!!! :D

--Steve