Sign in to follow this  

Motors

Depends on your definition of fit. With modification you can put just about anything in. Will it bolt right up, I doubt it. The 06 RMZ is built by Kawi for Suzuki where the 06 KXF is all Kawi. I doubt any of the mounts line up. None of the 05 KXF parts fit the 06 KXF other than the pipe. Everything else is different and since the 06 RMZ is virtually identical to the 05 KXF/RMZ I would doubt the motor will fit. Without heavy modifications that is.

Karterron has the right idea. Anything will fit if you REALLY want it to. However, the idea of it bolting right up is a no-go. Just look at the frame: the Kawi has an aluminum twin spar frame while the Suzuki has a steel perimeter frame. An '05 to '05 conversion works without much trouble, but '06 is different.

everyone said that the head of a 06 wouldent fit a 04/05 but it does and without haveing to mod anything i have a 06 head on my o4 bottom end

well the engines on the 04 -06 rmz and 04-06 kawi are the still the same, just updated internals, the casing and main engine design is all the same..

so i dont understand why people are saying you need heavy modifications for it to fit when both bikes are using the same motor, what have they changed thats so drastic for it to not bolt up????