Sparkplugs

how often does everyone here change their sparkplugs I think mine may be worn out. I sanded it and the bike seems to not want to fire but the gas is being delivered to the tip of the plug plus I do alot of low speed trailriding which causes carbon buildup according to my manual so is it worn out or not???

how often does everyone here change their sparkplugs I think mine may be worn out. I sanded it and the bike seems to not want to fire but the gas is being delivered to the tip of the plug plus I do alot of low speed trailriding which causes carbon buildup according to my manual so is it worn out or not???

I replace my plug once a year

Sanding your plug will not help, just replace it

If your bike is jetted properly you should not have any carbon build up. I can trail ride all day long and my plug still looks light brown almost white.

Try turning your fuel screw in a 1 to 1 1/2 turns in and see it that helps. If not you will need to rejet

You've got yourself a multi-thousand dollar play toy. If you suspect a problem, it's ok to spend some cash to fix it, especially if it's cheap i.e. sparkplugs.

However, to answer your question, sparkplug life varies greatly. A properly jetted machine will keep it's plugs in better shape. A higher quality (iridium) plug will last longer too. Older bikes and two-strokes go through plugs like candy so be wary of that.