Sign in to follow this  

vacuum and the Clarke 3.9 questions

Hi folks,

I have been reading the threads and searching the archives and there are some very knowledgeable people here. I haven't been able to find the info I need so here I am. First, I put an fcr39 (from a '00 YZ426- not the fcrmx) on my '02 DRZ-S and now I have no vacuum tube for the petcock. I have read of the #13685-29F00 Suzuki nipple being used in this conversion; also a mention of the plugged inlets on the head itself being used for vacuum. Does this part go into one of these inlets? If not, where does it go?

I was sad to see that my Clarke 3.9 tank won't work with this carb, though from the archives it sounds like some folks have gotten it to work. Can the hotstart be removed from the carb? I've seen a mention of a hotstart plug from Sudco but I'm not sure if there is one and if this will solve the problem. Any input would be appreciated.

That's it for now. I've got some other issues but I've got to do my homework on them before I bug you guys.

Thanks!

the suzuki nipple goes into the unused port in the head. I ditched the whole vacuum setup and run an "E" model petcock. it's a much better setup IMHO.

my clarke works fine with the fcr but I can't use the choke. so far the only downside is that it takes longer to get it started when it's cold.

WFOERK

I agree, I put a Yamaha 3 position, on - off - reserve, NON vacuum on mine and have had no problem with it. It is cheaper too. I used the same pet cock on the desert tank for my 99 YZ400F.

Thanks, Tom Slick and DRZ04, for the input on the petcock. Anybody have any advice on the fcr hotstart fouling with the Clarke 3.9 tank? I've been reading thread after thread but I can't seem to find anybody with the same setup I have. I have the older fcr with the external pump and it has a hotstart knob below the choke knob. It came from a '00 YZ426. The hotstart sticks out about 3/4 inch more than the choke and it prevents me from getting the Clark tank on at all. I know nothing about this type of carb and I wonder if the hotstart is even necessary. Somebody must have dealt with this somewhere along the line...

Thanks!