Sign in to follow this  

250 SXF issues

Hello all, I have been watching this site for a while and it seems the 250sxf is bulletproof. Is anyone having problems ? How is the valve train and piston longevity ? How are the clutches holding up ? I am planning on getting an 07 sxf and had to ask before I pull the trigger.

Thanks

iv an 06 just did maintenance as asked in manual and now did 10 hours breaking in 35 hours racing and no porblems with anything other than leakin petrol cap(fixed now good elastic band in round it) engine wise they are bulletproof,well so far, that why ktm brought them out very late to make sure everything was to perfection. from around the paddock at racing nobody yet has had any problems where as you hear about the honda guys complaining of havin to reshim n adjust valves reguraly. clutches jus depend on your riding style how often your using it etc but i had a sx 125 for 2 years and never changed the clutch and it was used more than the sxf so they should be fine also. good luck with th 07 if you go ahead wish i had the funds im just gona wait now until 08s. the bikes are monsters just get the suspension set up and nice positioned bars and your there, engine is already more than enough