Sign in to follow this  

collar bone unleashed

From this:

clavicle_PO.jpg

To this one year and 30 days later:

PICT0176.jpg

Finally, unfixated! Had it taken out yesterday.

Well at least it was taken care of properly. One of my shoulders is off by about 20 degrees from a collar bone injury (ski accident).

I must say I didn't relish the idea of being cut on again, but I'm glad this thing is out. Expected more pain but, oddly enough, there wasn't any. No meds needed at all. I find I've become attuned to broken collar bone stories. Kind of like when you buy a new car, then you start seeing them on the road all over the place. My barber told me of his experience breaking both

clavicles in a car accident. I told him it must have been fun going to the bathroom. He said, "yeah, you really find out who your friends are" :thumbsup:

You hear people breaking them falling against kitchen cabinets and big hulking weight lifters breaking them falling off the curb. &%$#@!-this damn bone must be one of natures odd and unpredictable designs! Oh well, any one need a titanium part and two screws for their bike let me know.

Some people have fragile bones, but the practice of a sport usually makes it more solid, especially contact sports.

One thing that nature did not intend is for us to hit the ground at speeds of 40mph and more.