Sign in to follow this  

Boots

My friend broke his anxel riding today and it shure has made me alert definantly thinking about getting a good pair. Im just putting this cause ya.

If you do a search for boots youll find a bunch of info. But I here that Gaerne SG-10's are very nice although I dont use them myself, my friend does though and that is all he will wear now. Im gonna pick up some Sidi Crossfires when I get the money for them. When I tried them on they felt more comfortable and supportive than any boot I have ever worn.

I have to vouch for SG-10's. I bought a pair in early 2004 when they first came out. I have worn them at least once a week since then and sometimes 2 or 3 times a week. They are still going strong and actually look really good. They've been in lots of mud and water and even 2 beach races! They are very comfortable and super supportive and have 10 times the durability of any Alpinestars. You can't go wrong with these things. About 5 of my friends have bought the SG's after seeing how great mine have performed.

+1 here for the SG-10s. Mine have been great over the last year.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but i can tell you from personal experience boots are important. I started riding again after about a 10 year break and this year at the track i decided to whip a 40' double and land on my face, the bike smashed my foot. Nothing broken but this was 4 months ago and i am still feeling the pain. I was wearing Fox Pro Forma boots, now i have the SG-10's and they are by far the best fitting boots i have ever had. Not to mention they are bullet proof.

There is a huge difference between $200 boots and $400 boots, and the $400 are worth it in every way.

E.

just remember that the spell check option is free

:thumbsup:

Is it just me or did we get bombarded with teenagers lately? Oh yeah, it's summer vacation, right? That would explain it. I'm also very glad that he put a question about boots in the CRF450R forum. That makes about as much sense as his posts.

Just messing with you Redrider. :ride:

Are you kidding, they will post from the computers at school too.

I like the Sidi Crossfires, but the SG10's look real nice too.

ben

You can't go wrong with a Gaerne boot. I've been using a pair of SG1's for three years and they are still in great shape. The SG1 is just like the SG10 but without the hinged ankle. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever had and I've tried every major boot company at one time or another. I've also seen new SG1's sell for as little as $150 on ebay.

Are you kidding, they will post from the computers at school too.

I like the Sidi Crossfires, but the SG10's look real nice too.

ben

That's probably true...especially these days where they are in front of a PC all day and can't play, they'll probably hammer this site :ride: Wait, I sort of resemble that remark, the part about being in front of a PC all day anyway :thumbsup:

Dude who cares man we could see what he was writing, so its not a big deal.

Woooow dude lighten up. You were addressing the most likely candidate for 450R moderator. Show some respect.

Woooow dude lighten up. You were addressing the most likely candidate for 450R moderator. Show some respect.

What are you talking about? I just got here! :thumbsup:

Why would Shady be the 450R Mod? He rides a 450X. :thumbsup:

lol mabye i shouldnt have put that in, ya i am gonna be on here typing messages in class and hoping that gay teacher dont catch me.

i have forma pros and have had no problems but i did give flys talons a chance. got them for 65 on ebay very very lightly used by an older gentleman who got out of the sport. they are great and have very good ankle support. i have slammed my feet i guess you could say into the pegs hard among other things during accidents or coming up short and no broken bones or other injuries. now the forma pros are for trail and flys for moto.