Sign in to follow this  

Yoshi exhaust on YZ250F

Theres a bike im looking at with a yoshi titanium full system on an 06 yz250f. Is this a good pipe for this bike, or one which would give less performance than most other brands? Thanks.

my friend has the DR. D exhaust and that works pretty good for him, and plus i hear it won alot of exhaust shootouts in the magazines, and it is pretty well priced

If the thing's already on there, that's awesome. Yoshimura pipes are some of the best crafted pieces of art you can slap on your ride. I had an older pipe of theirs on one of my bikes and it rocked! I assume a newer pipe on a newer bike would be awesome too.

Yoshis are fricken loud, so watch out in sound sensitive areas

you can buy a quiet thing for it.. i forgot wat its called

you can buy a quiet thing for it.. i forgot wat its called

They call it a TEC insert and claim it drops the dB rating down to 96. It would be nice to have it a little less than the maximum level, but it should work and it does have a spark arrestor.

Is it a good pipe is my only question, please dont have a clue about it and comment about another pipe. I have heard from Dirt Rider Magazine that this pipe does alot for the bottom end, but still gives more top. Huge bottom and mid range power increase, so you can ride a gear high, and revs out still considerably longer. Does anyone agree?

Dirt rider said that? Have their been any magazine tests for exhausts on the yami 250F that anyone can recall? Let me know i will be interested in hearing their findings.

They call it a TEC insert and claim it drops the dB rating down to 96. It would be nice to have it a little less than the maximum level, but it should work and it does have a spark arrestor.

there you go. thats what its called. i had a freind that had a 2003 yz250f and he had a yoshi exhuast on it.sounded good i didnt think it was loud but maybe for the regulations here it might be loud now. but i say get the yoshi