Sign in to follow this  

How do i dual sport a WR 450????

Hi all. I have a 05 WR 450. I have been trying for the last year to find a way to get a Ca. plate on it. I was up in Big Bear last weekend and saw parked around the corner from my camp site a WR 450 with a license plate??? "How did he do that" I said.. The guy was not in the camper so I left a note. Luckily he called me..Super nice guy..Gave me some good info on how to do it and turned me on to this site. Cool....Anyways I need a CHP 888 form but cannot find it on the DMV and CHP web site..Do I have to go the the CHP office or ???? Where do I get it..Can anyone help...Thanks OUT :thumbsup:

dont know about cali i just added an hi/low headlight turn signals tires and a front brake switch took the mso and a cirtificate of inspection to the dmv and "look at this shiny new plate"

Good luck with your dual sporting of your '05 WR 450. I believe it was sold as a red sticker bike. My buddy was able to dual sport his '06 WR 450. It was sold as a green sticker bike. :thumbsup:

If your 05 has a 3 or a C in the vin number, youre flat out of luck.

You need form Reg 256, misc statement of facts, saying that you've READ chp 888. CHP888 is just a list of items required on street legal motorcycles.

its easy www.trickdualsport.com call dale he will hook u up!!!!

I agree, Dale will get it done for you. You can even use your factory headlight and taillight, thats what I did.

PM me for details, but some of the loopholes I used are now closed up. Its an ever evolving process. Check with Dale at TDS and he will know what is working these days. (BTW, his DS kit is awesome!) And use the search engine here on the subject. Good luck!!