Are Fox`s Tracker boots safe to ride on? Do they offer good protection?

I tore up some T-30`s Thor boots in 3 months of off road riding. The right boot sole was completely messed up from kickstarting my WRF.

The cardboard feeling of the boots is gone and know they feel like rubber.

I asked a friend for some mid priced Fox Pro Forma boots, because i tought that they would be easier for him to find. And he brought me some tracker boots instead.

They didnt look as bad at first, but i have been using them for 2 months now and after a low side (low slide?) today where I hurted my ankle I started taking a close look to them and I noticed that they could be easily bended from a little bit above the ankle and that gave me the chills.

Aren`t MX boots made to restrict lateral ankle movement in the first place?

Eventough the Tracker`s dont share the Thor`s cardboard like feeling i am afraid they will get there soon.

Do you think they offer good protection for SX?

Or would i be better off not using them and getting some top of the line boots instead? (Rewarding Protection)

I like my Fox Trackers just fine for off-road single file type stuff. However for MX I learned my lesson many years ago, buy the best ankle and foot protection you can. I crushed a heel in a bad pile-up under a jump once when a rider crushed my foot between his skid plate and my engine case while running over me. Twenty-three years later I still limp badly on occasion.

Back then the only protective boots were those red and blue Scott's made of hard plastic, but they had been discontinued and my pair was shot with no replacement parts available, so I was wearing a good pair of MXO's. They just couldn't hold up to the impact.

Boots have come a ways since then, though those robot-like Scott boots may never be matched in indestructible foot protection.

I made the same mistake buying the low end fox's and sure enough, sprained my ankle pretty bad. I upgraded to Alpinstars and couldn't be happier. If you are looking for ankle support - the inner bootie system of the Alpinstars is fantastic.

like everyone else i have done the same.

purchased lower end boots and the have had a injury or just wore them out.

any of the boots mentioned are great but i would also like to through out

the fly talon II boots for you to look at. they are a upper end boot with a removable bootie. i got them this summer and have no complaints at all.

well maybe just one they are not a hinged boot so they do take some time to break in. in the end you need to go with what is most comfortable for you.

but whichever you decide to go with always purchase good products. if you do not you will be spending more in the log run.

I had some Fox Trackers, they were the biggest piece of crap boot ever. I was constantly having buckles breaking off, both toe guards broke off from hitting rocks and both souls were almost completely ripped right off, the heel of one you could bend back to the middle of the boot.

Fox's quality is way low, they are all about advertising. same thing with a jersey, totally ripped up just from catching on a few branches while my NoFear equipment looks new even after crashing.

I have them, their CRAP...the buckets broke (really broke off too, the metal), and the boots hurt you're feet. Also, the buckles will pop off during riding and you will go back to you're pit and find them hanging on the side of you're boot. I got myself a pair of Tech8's and will never look back!

I'm using the Fox Tracker's right now. I bought them before I really knew anything about boots, I went down my second day of riding and sprained my ankle. Now you guys tell me if a better boot would have protected more from this:

I was making a left turn and my front wheel washed out to the right so I kind of flew forward and the bike layed over left and landed on my left leg. So it was bent under (still on the bike the way it should be) and my body fell stomach down on the dirt. This sprained my ankle fairly well and it's still sore when I land on it the wrong way jumping off of stuff at work.

Should I start saving for some Tech 8's??

To answer your question, hell yes! Save up for a good pair of A-stars (tech 6 or 8). They are a much better boot than the Fox Tracker. I had a pair of Shift Combat boots (relabeled Trackers), and while they were OK on trails for support and protection, they DID NOT measure up on the mx track. I could feel my pegs in the sole of I came up short on a double, and there was not the ankle support I need in that boot. Buy quality boots and your feet will thank you!! ?

I personally wouldn't even ride MX in the forma pros. I have a pair right now because the dealer tossed them into the deal but they are not MX boots. The work alright for dual sport because the walk so well once they break in but no way I would take them to the track.

Cheap, worn out boots are the reason I'm sitting here and not riding. Broken foot, I'm out for two months.

I just got my new SG10's in the mail yesterday. Comfortable as hell, they look they'll protect pretty damn well too. Don't skimp on gear.