Sign in to follow this  

Bogging problems after crash.

I just took my bike to the mechanic to have it serviced.

The bike (a 92 Cr250) came out like a mean machine. It felt great.

The problem was after i bailed from a double :thumbsup:

The bike took a hit and bounced all over the place, that was all for me for the day.

So I went riding today, i hadn`t ridden the bike since that day and i noticed that the bike didnt sound fine. It didnt have the ping or buzz it had when the powerband hits.

The bike stalled a couple of times when i opened the throtle a gear high or at low revs. While just 3 days ago it pulled through great.

After a while of riding the bike didnt stall anymore but the bike bogged a lot going from 1/2 throttle to WFO. And while coming out of corners.

I would like to learn a little bit from you guys on what you think might have altered the bike`s jetting.

The only think that i can think off is that maybe the bike was running too rich because the fuel`s floater ( I dont know if that`s the correct name) moved from the spill.

Or maybe dirt got into the carb?

Any hosethat might have caused this by slipping off?

Thanks guys

you might try checking the wiring just to make sure you don't have abad connection from the impact if it has a problem idling down or with throttle response you might want to check your carb mounting make sure it's not sucking air.with the engine idling spray carb cleaner or some wd around the head,base and carb mounting tosee if the engine revs or dies out that'll tellyou if there are any vaccum leaks.you also may have knocked the needle loose in the carb slide but that's kind of unlikely.you may have done something to floats and caused the float needle to stick allowing it to flood abit.the engine could have flooded with premix and when you fired it off it may have saturated the packing in the silencer causing a restriction which would make it run poorly until it burns it out or it might have sucked a crank seal this would also make it run poorly.or it could just be a fouled sparkplug.thanks for letting me ramble.

I took it back to the mech because he told me he wouldnt charge me for jetting it back again. He`s a cool guy.

I was just curious about it and wanted to learn a little bit more how this babies run and how they get messed up.

You left me with a lot of homework beezerjoe!

sorry about that i just couldn't help myself.sounds like you've got a great local dealer there. hope it's nothing serious.next time keep the dirty side down.keep having fun.