Sign in to follow this  

falling into nuetral

ever since ive had my 05 klx 300 ive always had a problem with hitting nuetral, either giong from first to second and sometimes second to third....for instance..ill be climbing a hill and be in second ill shift to third and give it some gass and it will jump back nuetral and not want to shift out....leaving me stranded on the side of the hill hanging on for dear life and really UPSET!!! :applause::thumbsup::ride: ....does anyone else have this problem....

ive had the same problem, but only from 1st to 2nd. i think its just me though, i just use a little more force with that first shift.

It's the shift-star. Regrind yours and get rid of the false neutrals.

Ride on

Brewster

You need to do the shift star mod, and even then you will still occationally have problems. Although I've done the mod long ago, I still (out of habit) make a concerted effort to make SURE I am firmly in gear before heading up a steep hill.

hey thanks!!! jeez and to think i just wasted money on graphics when i could have put my money to good use!!! i finally found the header pipe ive been lookin for! :thumbsup: