Sign in to follow this  

Sherco 5.1i ?

Has anyone seen or ridden a Sherco 5.1i?

The 4.5i has several articles, tests, shootouts, and several members own one or have ridden one. But not a word about the "Big Sherco".

Are they not in production yet?

I have asked and asked the USA importer (Summers Racing Ccomponents/Ryan Young Products) and they know nothing. I get comments like, "Dude, the Spanish have two speeds: slow and slower!..." The 5.1i and 2.5i are SUPPOSED to be out mid '07, but who knows!

My intention is to field a Baja team with the 5.1i if they ever get it over here.

The entire country takes the month of August off, so they can't be contacted right now...LOL

Some fresh info from Sweden and Spain

5.1i is tested and redy for production, landing as a 2007 model on the market.

Southern Euro (Sherco, Husky, GAS GAS) starting delivery after there wacation in august. I think it will be in sept-oct.

2.5i is planed to be in production as a 2008 model.

:thumbsup: Klas

I have asked and asked the USA importer (Summers Racing Ccomponents/Ryan Young Products) and they know nothing. I get comments like, "Dude, the Spanish have two speeds: slow and slower!..." The 5.1i and 2.5i are SUPPOSED to be out mid '07, but who knows!

My intention is to field a Baja team with the 5.1i if they ever get it over here.

The entire country takes the month of August off, so they can't be contacted right now...LOL

Can WE take the month of August for vacation? (please send a note to my boss....oops..I AM the boss...).

Thanks for the info...I would REALLY like to try the 5.1i and order one if I like it.

Hi there I see you have a Sherco 4.5i. (Thillsam that is) Would you reccommend it?

Any other comments would be gratefully recieved. Been thinking about getting either a Sherco 4.5i or or Husaberg FE450E. It's not for racing, just to have some fun on, perhaps use on the road too.

Cheers

Hi there I see you have a Sherco 4.5i. (Thillsam that is) Would you reccommend it?

Any other comments would be gratefully recieved. Been thinking about getting either a Sherco 4.5i or or Husaberg FE450E. It's not for racing, just to have some fun on, perhaps use on the road too.

Cheers

A thread from when I first got the bike.

I would reccommend it. It is a fine mount, I have very good racing results on it and have used it for all sorts of other activities- including road use. It's my first fuel injected bike, and it's fast even though it doesn't FEEL as fast as the CRF450 I came off of. It has been very reliable and with the exception of my own self-inflicted damage has never let me down mechanically. I've been brave enough to take it to some very remote places and it has been faithful so far.

The Intake valves recently got tight, but I've NEVER adjusted them prior to this, so it was due. It just got a little hard to start and both intakes were tight-no clearance at all- amazing! The problem only revealed itself after a race where we were riding UP steep ski runs at ~10000 foot elevation, screaming hte bike WFO for long periods of time. The Sherco took me to a 3rd overall finish at that race...results here

I race it in stock trim with suspension revalved by me - no other mods other than strippign the street gear and Dunlops/Tireballs. Stock injection map, silencer, air filter, I even leave the screen in the air filter cage!

FYI, I just rolled over 80 hours on the bike(I keep an hour meter on it since new).

It's due for chain & sprockets(still running the stockers!) in another 15-20 hours or so(this is normal life for my riding style) and I've gone through ~5 rear tires and ~3 fronts not counting the stock tires that I took off right after breakin. I train at ~80% of my race pace so this is normal too.

You'll be very happy with the bike as an all-around motorcycle - it has done all for me so far.

I'm looking forward to next year and trying the 5.1 out!