Sign in to follow this  

Help me choose a tire

Sorry guys - one more rear tire post. I've read about 100 or so post on the subject, but I'm still not sure what to do.

I have a 98 xr250r with all of the cheaper performance mods, air intake, jetting, exhaust..... I ride mostly in wooded conditiond hard pack to medium (90% of the time), with the occasional ride along the side of a farmers grassy field (10%). No competition racing. I'm 210lbs. My old Ching Shin 100/100 rear needs replacing. I can lose tracking in every single gear when I'm on the throttle hard. Last night I fell in third gear after sliding the back out too far.

I'm not sure which tire is best for my conditions - please help me spend my money wisely. Thanks.

I just replaced my M-12 with a Cheng Shin (C 760). I will be mounting it tonight. I really liked the M-12 for most condition. However, the downfall I see with the M-12 is wear in rocky conditions. The trails in Northern ID are riddled with rocks, after a day of climbing I could see where pieces of my knobs had been ripped off. If you ride in rocks I would suggestion going with a harder rubber tire.

I will second that they wear failry quick, but they hook up awesome! I've also liked the Maxxis tires I've used in the past. MaxxCross IT I think :thumbsup: .

Thank's guys - michelin claims wear to be one of the strongest features of the M12. All of you felt it gave good traction, since grip seems to be one of my biggest problems, I'm going to give it a try. Thank you!

I will second that they wear failry quick, but they hook up awesome! I've also liked the Maxxis tires I've used in the past. MaxxCross IT I think :thumbsup: .

I think that's what i got... works great... although i can't brake slide it... atleast on grass.