Sign in to follow this  

Alright I gotta make up my mind

I've been looking at these damn huskys for 2 years now and had pretty much made up my mind on making the switch. Then KTM goes and makes the EXCs street leagal, and Yamaha goes and makes the 07 WRs look absloutly amazing with lots of changes that I want.

While I love my WRs I want to drop down to one bike (gota a plate on my older WR, cannot get one on my 04) but still need a plate for some of the areas I ride. So if in order to go to one bike the 07 WR is out. And the KTM just doesn't turn my crank (except for maybe the 300XC-W, but thats another story), plus I'm I fat guy who has enough suspension set up issues without going with a know picky set-up.

So I'm pretty sure I'm heading to the Husky shop to put down a deposit (FbyF is just down the road) but my last question is about those radiator scoops/shrouds. They seem like they would be a source of constant issue when riding tight brushy single track getting snagged on stuff. and they look like they would be damaged easealy.

Am I off the mark here, or are they a hassle?

Those guards look wimpy and catchy but they work fine. Mine have held up great and they have had lots of bush and crash testing with no real problems. NBS. Enjoy your Husky, I love mine and am going to go ride some bushy rocky single track right now!!

Trail foilage does have a tendency to collect where the upper and lower shrouds come together. But it is not big deal and has never been a "problem" aside from having to clean it out every once in awhile. I've zip tied my upper and lower shrouds together to add some strength in that area.

R

We trimmed the pointy first 2 inches off of ours just for that reason.

Picture759247035.jpg

I trimmed mine too...they stuck out too far for me, I catch way less herbage now...

Just make sure you can do THIS with a Husky. :ride:

Hopefully if I have to it'll be lighter, and i'll have the damn spark plug wrench with me instead of back in the garage :thumbsup:

You riding paragon this weekend with Will? I'm gonna be riding from caranza sat. morning.

Hopefully if I have to it'll be lighter, and i'll have the damn spark plug wrench with me instead of back in the garage :thumbsup:

You riding paragon this weekend with Will? I'm gonna be riding from caranza sat. morning.

No, I am riding Wharton on Sunday. I would love to ride Paragon but Saturday is a bad day for me.

No special sparkplug wrench needed with the Husky :ride: No reason to remove the seat and gastank either!

SMR510s.jpg