Sign in to follow this  

Torque Specs?

I need to know what is the torque specs for the top clamp steering nut, and the one for underneath on the bottom clamp, I cannot find the specs in my manual anywhere.

Thanks

KICK KICK KICK KICK, I just can't get this thing started.

Anyone? :thumbsup:

Are they not supposed to be torqued? :ride:

Welcome to ThumperTalk.

For the 48mm forks in the RFS bikes, the torque specs are 15 ft lbs for the upper triple clamp bolts, 11 ft lbs for the lower and 7 ft lbs for the clamping screws on the fork stubs..

The torque specs should be listed in the Technical Data in the last part of the manual.

I mean the steering bearing top clamp bolt underneath the bars not the pinch bolts for the forks, there is a big one at the top and a big one underneath the bottom clamp, I know the torque specs for the pinch bolts on the clamps, but the big nut on the top clamp and the big nut underneath the bottom clamp.

I appreciate your help of course...

You may be correct about not having torque specs for those.

I believe my 520 manual simply says to check the stearing head for any play (typically fore and aft) by grabbing the front wheel when it is off the ground and pushing/pulling on it. If it is loose, then you better see if something is broken or a nut has come loose.

I plan to check and re-grease my steering head bearings today, so if I come up with a numerical answer from the book, I will re-post.

• Like 1