Sign in to follow this  

Problems with my VOR (rookie)

Hello,

I'm new here to this forum. :ride:

Recently I bought a VOR , 2001 sm model without oil pump, and I have a few problems with it.

1) I have an oil leak at the sprocket that drives the chain, and I don't know what to do. I've changed the o-ring and the seal. By the way whats the size, thickness of the O-ring, I replaced it by a 27x23x2mm o-ring. :thumbsup:

2) I know how the oil system works, but I was wondering, if you pull a long wheelie does the oil still get to the camshaft because all the oil is in the rear of the crankcase. I have heard that many husqvarna (no oil pump husq's) had problems with this and broke down because of this.

3) Whats the maximum size of rear tire that you cant put on it, now I have a 160/60/17 an its already against the chain, but I want to fit a 180/55/17. Can I do this or isn't this gonna work.

4) Is the side prop always so bad. the VOR falls over if it's not good set :applause:

sorry, for my bad English

I have a 450 SMRC and I can tell you that the biggest tyre you can fit without chewing it up is a 160 even it will get a little wear from the chain. Wheelie not sure I can wheelie 100mts max and it has been okay but can't vouch for any further,,,,,have no stand can't comment have not had a leak from there so can't help either..............

Mitch

Any one else, who pulls a lot of wheelie's with an sm without an oil pump and did repair or had a leak at the seal by the sprocket. I can't get it fixed.

You might want to take a close look it might be the kick starter shaft seal above the sprocket shaft that is leaking ............

Nope, it's the o-ring behind the sprocket. Can any one tel me the size of it? :thumbsup: And how do I mount it, do I have to split the gearbox or can I mount it from the outside.

Well good choice, I have had my Vor 503 2001 for 12 months and I still learning more and more about it each day, I am not sure about your oil leak but i have 160 section rear tyre on mine and i am having a little tyre rub from the chain now i am trying to get it to slide around corners, so with that i think with a 180 section you will be have a hard time :ride::thumbsup:

I have a pumper 530 and don't pull wheelies so can't help you with that bit. Why do you want to run a 180? It will not help the handling and the VOR's athough they have a bit of stomp certianly don't need the extra rubber to get the power down. With you side stand it might be worth getting it shortened to change the angle and see what that does. My knowldge of the older VOR's is not that good but a road registered bike with no oil pump strikes me as a little unusual. The non oil pump machines are normally the full tilt SMR versions.

I'm sure about the non-oil pump.

Anyway the 180 tire is off my other bike, and it was lying around so I thought ... but no problem I gonna get a 160.

Any one that could help me with the o-ring-size

I just went out and measured the one in my spare engine.... Cross section is 1.65 mm O.D. is 27 mm. Don't forget the 3 mm ball that holds the inner seal runner locked to the sprocket shaft, if its not there the garlock seal will not work.

Dean