Sign in to follow this  

Big Sur by Motard

Big Sur highway was a real treat. My buddy and I did about 400 miles over the course of two days. We started in Morro Bay, went offroad North of Gordo through Los Padres national Forest, got back on the highway via Nacimento, then North to Monterey. The next day we went back, but via Nacimento to highway 46. Starting a 9 AM, we rode till dark each day.

We stopped at various waterfalls, beaches, view vistas, etc. Took about 100 pictures. It was all breathtaking and I would encourage others to do the same.

We rode EXC 450s. They were geared with 15t/45t. We had all the speed we wanted. Cruising speed was effortless at 75 mph. In the tight twisties you had to hold yourself back. The bikes handle that good.

I'd say these KTMS are versatile. We've used them for Dual Sport rides, Tecate hare scrambles, motocross, motard tracks, and now touring!

If some can tell me how to add a picture, I'll add a Big Sur picture.

the pic is from ur pc or website??

upload 1st for easy view..!!

upload at imageshack...

I live in San Luis Obispo, about 12 miles south of Morro Bay, and went up Highway 1 on my '99 WR 400 Supermoto to get to Moto G.P. @ Launa Seca. It was a ton of fun, and those 15-35mph corners are where these bikes shine over others:). It defineatley made me think twice about shelling out the extra $$$ for a YZ tank (even though they look so muh better), as I think it would be better to put that money towards a new, softer, seat (this was the only part f the ride that I had any complaints about).