Sign in to follow this  

Terrorist at the race track

Last weekend at the race track there was some common sum beech that put straight gas in one of my kid's friends YZ125. We have a group of boys that run YZ's and evidently somebody felt like he needed to get even for some reason or another. We know when it happened or pretty close to the time it did anyway.

He made the first moto and the bike was screaming like it ought to. They had just done a top end two races ago so it was fresh. On the second moto, he rode from the pits down to the line and cut it off. Then when the gate dropped he took off and made it about 400 yards and it locked up. He took it to the shop and when they tore it down they found the bottom end shot. Of-course it took a toll on the top end also.

He thinks he knows who did it but he can't prove it. He has had problems with this guy before and he vowed to get even so I guess it was time.

You know, this sucks! I leave my bike all the time to go to the fence and watch friends race their races and never had a problem. I guess it's not a good idea to do that anymore because there are people out there that would do such a thing. Makes you wonder where times are taking us.

that.....is messed up...what did this kid do to this other guy to make him do that?

btw thats just not cool

Were they all taking a nap or something? How does some guy just come out of no where and pour gas in the kids bike?? It doesn't seem very believable to me... someone probably just grabbed the wrong can or forgot to add oil.

A) I feel REALLY bad for you if that's the case.

:thumbsup: There is a story going around where I ride of a kid buying a BRAND NEW '06 YZ125 that thought VP was so awesome that it didnt require to be mixed with Oil. Needless to say, the bike seized after a few mins. Again, it was brand new! lol

never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity

thats to bad but i must agree with shawn_nyc

Were they all taking a nap or something? How does some guy just come out of no where and pour gas in the kids bike?? It doesn't seem very believable to me... someone probably just grabbed the wrong can or forgot to add oil.
it's not that hard to believe. Everytime i walk through the pits I usually seee 5 or 6 bikes unattended.

Generaly every one knows every, may not talk with each other, but you know who's rig is who's. Now someone runs over to your area with a can of gas and fills up your bike, do you propose they drained the old gas? and know one in the area noticed, sounds odd.

Sorry for your misfortune, but is sounds like someone is pushing blame. Only call um as I seem them.

:thumbsup: There is a story going around where I ride of a kid buying a BRAND NEW '06 YZ125 that thought VP was so awesome that it didnt require to be mixed with Oil. Needless to say, the bike seized after a few mins. Again, it was brand new! lol

I feel REALLY bad for you if that's the case. :ride:

Gurantee it didn't happen. First of all, did you drain the as and find no oil? If you did drain the gas, your gonna have a hard time figuring out how much oil is in it if there is oil. Sounds to me like operator error (wrong mix by owner) or they need to find someone else to do their top ends. Don't try to put it off on someone else...childish.

Now someone runs over to your area with a can of gas and fills up your bike, do you propose they drained the old gas? and know one in the area noticed, sounds odd.

Sorry for your misfortune, but is sounds like someone is pushing blame. Only call um as I seem them.

I was thinking the same thing...

That's mean...us dirtbikers are supposed to be a community of friends and support each other, not be enemies with each other.

First off I completely believe you that someone did this. I don't know why everyone is doubting you. Especially since youw ere there and they weren't.

With that said, I think that your friend's kid needs to have a good "talk" with whoever did this. Perhaps his fist talking to the guy's face would be a good start.

And that would obviously be the most counter productive step one could take. You will go far in life with that attitude... all the way to Rikers.

And that would obviously be the most counter productive step one could take. You will go far in life with that attitude... all the way to Rikers.
Your from New York and you don't believe in settling things in a physical way?? No wonder Tulsa, OK has a higher crime rate then NY. NY went soft! :thumbsup:

A chickenshitweaselylittleprick, yes but not a terrorist.

When I was a kid and racing someone stuck a napkin in my gas tank at the races, now that sucks. The bike dies but then five minutes later it runs, then it dies. The paper fiber was so fine you had a hard time seeing it in the clear filter, and the filter is always full of gas. I flushed the tank and a big glob of paper pulp came out, I never did get it all out, every so often I would have to put a new filter on.

Oh yes it would be much better to have a nice talk with the person who just caused hundreds of dollars worth of damage to his bike.

never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity

Truer words have never been spoken. :thumbsup:

Funny stuff boys.

It sounds to me like someone is pushing the blame somewhere else. And if you are going to confront this culprit. just remeber that no one actually saw the event happen or who did it. Doesn't your highly prased america legal system say inocent until "proven" guilty?

I think you sould go and put sand in every race bike at the track next time cause you know it was one of those racer type guys that did this in the first place!