Sign in to follow this  

leak jet 90?

i am planing on doing the a/p mod at the top of the sticky forum, and stopped by my honda dealer and i can't find the part number for the 90 leak jet for the 06 crf 450r. anybody know the part number so i can order it thanks john

don't order the kit... Mine did not come with anything big enough I needed soo it was a waste.. Your best buy is too buy individual leak jets.

You put the leak jet sizes that you want in your comments when ordering and they give you those sizes. Your fault for not asking, not theirs. :thumbsup:

You put the leak jet sizes that you want in your comments when ordering and they give you those sizes. Your fault for not asking, not theirs. :thumbsup:

hmm I was never asked, guess it was becouse I ordered it from crfsonly...

hmm I was never asked, guess it was becouse I ordered it from crfsonly...

Weren't you curious about what sizes were in the kit before you ordered it? I was, that's why I called and asked. :thumbsup:

Weren't you curious about what sizes were in the kit before you ordered it? I was, that's why I called and asked. :thumbsup:

it did not accrue too me at the time, I know I am an moron sometimes...

well mabe i read the comments a little too late , i don't know , but heres what i did i called jd and ordered a 60,70,80,90 leak jet. i was going to try the 90 as per red barrens post, the bike is stock anywhere 1000'-3000' above sea level. jd said the 07 equilavent would to use a 60 leak jet ,250r diaphram, and the o ring. i was thinkinking on doing it how it is mentioned in the professor red beard document, i realize you posted before on holding the throttle wide open and measure the gap between the screw and the plastic arm and grind that amount off the rivot on the accelarator pump diaphram rivot and hard wire it. i will go back and read it again before doing anyway thanks red beard, chilles, jimbo and others who put the whole thing together. thanks john

well mabe i read the comments a little too late , i don't know , but heres what i did i called jd and ordered a 60,70,80,90 leak jet. i was going to try the 90 as per red barrens post, the bike is stock anywhere 1000'-3000' above sea level. jd said the 07 equilavent would to use a 60 leak jet ,250r diaphram, and the o ring. i was thinkinking on doing it how it is mentioned in the professor red beard document, i realize you posted before on holding the throttle wide open and measure the gap between the screw and the plastic arm and grind that amount off the rivot on the accelarator pump diaphram rivot and hard wire it. i will go back and read it again before doing anyway thanks red beard, chilles, jimbo and others who put the whole thing together. thanks john

What do you mean "07 equivalent"?

that's what jd said it would be very similiar as far as performance even though the carbaretors are different. even asked him about taking the check valve out of the float bowl but he said after i took a punch to remove the check vave i would have to drill the hole larger?

that's what jd said it would be very similiar as far as performance even though the carbaretors are different. even asked him about taking the check valve out of the float bowl but he said after i took a punch to remove the check vave i would have to drill the hole larger?

On the 06 bikes with the AP mod, the 90 leak jet was working best. I don't know why you would want to remove the check ball from the bottom of the float bowl as it would allow fuel to flow back into the bowl when twisting the throttle and you would get zero AP squirt.

Apparently the 07 bikes are coming with a 60 leak jet over the 55 on the previous years because of the revised AP linkage. I tried a variety of leak jets on the 05 and 06 bikes and the 90 worked best with the AP mod.

it did not accrue too me at the time, I know I am an moron sometimes...

jjgixxer,

Send the leak jets back to us and we'll mail you a set that you want to use.

=================

jd said the 07 equilavent would to use a 60 leak jet ,250r diaphram, and the o ring.

Comparing the '07 to the '06 with mods gets complicated, and sort of apples to oranges.

The pump stroke is limited in '07 due to the new linkage cam that stops motion at about 1/2 throttle, which is why I mentioned using the '06 CRF250R diaphragm (gives more stroke than the '06 CRF450R by a small margin). The #60 leak jet was suggested to bring the flow volume back down to nearly the same as before, although the '07 uses a #50 leak jet. The O-ring allows the diaphragm with rivet to be used and stops flow at ~1/2 throttle like the '07.

The wired linkage will flow all the way to full throttle with the rivet ground down, giving a solid connection on the linkage. A #80 or #90 leak jet will pump about the same amount of fuel with a wired linkage and short diaphragm rivet as the stock combinations too.

(I've measured the pump flow volumes to see the results of a range of diaphragms and leak jets.)

James

Hi guys. Have 06 CRF 250. Done the AP mod etc

bike runs awesome but bogs on hard landing.

Sleeve the carb down and install a different leak jet?.

What size leak jet is best starting point and has anyone tried a smaller sleeve eg whitebros?.