Tower City Trailriders this weekend

Anyone going to be at TCTR this weekend? My son Jesse & I plan to be there Saturday & Sunday. We should be arriving around 8:30am. (hope that I don't have any problems mounting both front & rear tires on my TTR250 Friday night, been dreading it but local shops want 35-40 bucks per tire & the cheapest place $25-30 needs a week to do it. These outrageous prices are with the wheels off the bike also). We pretty much ride the trails at a moderate pace, don't climb everest & will probably go on the group ride Sunday morning. (as long as we can bypass the mine tunnels, we both had a bad experience on that trail/ride a few weeks ago) If you're planning on being there & want some riding company let us know & we'll meet up.

Rich TTR250

Jesse TTR125L

I will be up there with a small group Sunday. Group will include two blue/yellow Husqvarna's, CRF 100, XR 100 and a TTR 90 and possibly a TTR 250 so if you see us flag us down. We have a couple inexperienced riders so we don't ride too fast. I've always wanted to do the guided ride. Do you think it's ok for newer riders? We'll probably get up there around 9am Sunday.

Thanks,

Braven

Triplebike,

If you have a real hard time with the tires, bring them with you and I am sure one of the guys by the office can give you a hand, they have all the tools necessary and are always willing to help out a fellow rider. By the way, what tire pressure have you been running in your tires? I have stepped up my son's fronts to 16PSI because we were getting many "pinch" flats. The down side with the increased pressure is that your tire does not absorb the rocks as well as they do with more like 12lbs.

Braven,

The Trail 7 group ride on Sunday is not for inexperienced riders. Even though they break the ride into different riding paces, many of the actual trails you ride are very technical for a new/young rider. I would especially be concerned with the rider on the TTR90, my son had one when he was six and would bottom out even on some of the easier trails at TC.

Go to the TC website, www.tctri.org . We are having another "local trail" ride which is scheduled for Sept. 2nd at 10:30AM. Meet at the pavillion where there will be a quick discussion of what to expect and some of the trails we will be riding. We did this two weeks ago and it was a great success, many people, including myself were introduced to some great trails that we were always afraid to go down because we did not know where they went or if they led off TC property.

94whitesnake, the cost for TC is $35/day with a member or only $250/year for a single and $300/year for an entire family, I think that is extremely reasonable for over 8000 acres of trails 360 days a year compared to places like Rausch which is $50/day and mostly for the MXers.

David ?

Hi Braven, will look for you folks Sunday. Dave's right, Trail 7 group ride would be tough for new riders (me included). We'll probably skip that ride as well. We don't ride fast , I just got back into dirt riding , since my son got the itch bad I sold my street bike & bought a TTR250 so we could ride together. We're not geared up yet protection wise so we take it slow & just have fun. I'm sure we'll see ya Sunday.

Dave , waiting for the UPS truck right now which will hopefully have both the tires & tubes I ordered. We'll be riding both days regardless of whether tires make it or not. We run 15lbs in our tires & haven't had any problems yet. If the tires make it without the tubes I'll still bring them & hopefully the tower city store will have some heavy duty tubes in my size.

See you all this weekend!

Rich - TTR250

Jesse - TTR125L

Hey, plans for Lembo lake today fell through. I spotted a huge puddle under the truck after i laoded up this morning. So after i changed out the Freeze plug behind the motor mount, my day is shot. Truck is loaded up so i'll see you at tower tomorrow (saturday)

Rich,

Just to be safe call the office and check to see if they have your tube at the store 570-562-1075, if they do not call WoodRiders, 717-244-4850, that is Woodsie store and he supplies the TC store with accessories. If you catch him early he can send them up with one of his kid's if not you usually have to wait until Sunday when he gets up since he runs his store on Saturday's.

By the way save for the protection, even minor spills hurt like the dickens up there if you land on rocks. I took a nasty one on the "turnpike" two weeks ago and busted up my elbow and forarm pretty bad and I wear a full flank jacket.

How old is your son? My boys are 10 and 11 and ride KX85's and my wife and daughter are on quads. I really suggest both you and Braven give the local trail ride on Sept. 2nd a try, it is nice to go on a real easy pace and see what lies down many of the TC trails that you may never think to take.

David ?

Hey Dave, tires & tubes showed up. New tires all the way around. Went pretty easy too, took me longer to get the rear axel out than it did to change the tire. My son Jesse just turned 15 & definitely has a talent for dirt riding. We're not racers just ride to have a good time. He started on a XR80 , will probably sell his TTR125L this winter. Has his heart set on a Kawasaki KX125. Truck is packed , just need to load the bikes on the trailer tomorrow morning & we're outa here. Looks to be a great weekend weather wise with some welcomed cooler temps!