Sign in to follow this  

yz 85 forks???

what do you have to get if you buy yz85 forks and put them on a 2005 ttr125L what year does the 85's forks have to be. do i have to get new bearings? can i stay with my ttr125l stock front tire or do i have to get an 85 tire?

i would think you can stay with your front tire because it has the disc brakes.. but i dont know if it would be to big and hit the front fender on jumps... i know a kid that has em on his ttr-150... (big bore) .. but he rides trails so i dont think hed be bottoming out... youde need new triple clamps for sure..

you need yz85/80 forks, tripple clamps, and fork guards. other then those 3 things it basically bolts right up. you need some washers for the caliper to fit right. its also been done with kx forks though

Depending on how much you weigh and what type of riding you do, you will need way heavier springs and valving.

do i have to have the triple clamp cause i only have enough $$$$ for the forks

do i have to have the triple clamp cause i only have enough $$$$ for the forks

Don't forget you need the YZ80/85 Front wheel axle. Also, you'll need a longer front brake line and front brake master cylinder..it can be done using the stock brake line, but its better to have a longer line.