Sign in to follow this  

04 Valves

My friend has an '04 CRF250R. In tradition with the '04 model, the valves are horrible and go out of spec. and often need to be replaced more than anyone would appreciate. I just want to know if there is anything we can do to keep them from doing all this? I'm sure it's been asked a lot, but I don't frequent this forum and I'm tired of his bike-starting technique making me look bad at the track :thumbsup:

Thanks guys.

Well i think your best bet would be an 06 head from Ron Hamp. Contact RHC on here or go on www.ronhamp.com

Does anyone know if the 05's are any better on valves?

Haha. He makes me look bad by running down the pit area and then bump starting it! Ghetto racer for life. But in all seriousness, I'll have him check out that '06 head. Is there anything cheaper that we could do? He's too lazy to get a job :thumbsup: so it's whatever he can borrow from his mommy.

I know some of these honda riders are going to put me on there hit list for this(im still a honda finatic)... but if he really doesnt want the maintainence(i dont mind it) maybe he should rebuild the head with stock stuff and sell it and get a yami. But understanding he might not have the money to do all that.... But honestly there really isnt a good cure fot the valve problem, except for doing all the things to help prevent,such as making positive dust isnt getting past your filter and leaving yuor bike at TDC when sitting etc. but like i said i think he should really try for that 06 head.