Sign in to follow this  

4 stroke worries

Hey, eveyone. I've been a little worried about purchasing a new 4 stroke

(07 rmz250). See I've been racing a two stroke all year long in schoolboy and 125B, and some of the things I hear about 4 strokes are awful. But then some people tell me how reliable they are. If I buy one of these 4 strokes I need it to hold up for way longer than a year beacuse of my buget. So i just wanted to hear what you guys think. Are they relaible enough to ride for way more than a year or two? and whats the best advice you can give met o keep the sucker alive????

they will last more then 1 year EASY, as long as you dont go klepto on it, it will last for alot longer then 1 year...

You say your racing it. Hmmmm, since you will be racing it I dont think it will last more than a season. Now if you got a 450 that would last a lot longer but your not ready to move up yet are you?

first off suzuki is tied for suckiest manufacturer ever (with kawasaki)

u shouldnt have to worry about rebuilds or anything for a year *easily*

with a four stroke, just do regular maintnence

if youre gonna race be extra picky when inspecting ur bike, if anythings wrong fix it or dont race

and if any engine troubles STOP RIDING IMMEDIATELY! and tear it down for an inspection

first off suzuki is tied for suckiest manufacturer ever (with kawasaki) as far as quality and reliability ( suzuki didnt even have aluminun frames for 06 on their 250f's!)

but anyway

u shouldnt have to worry about rebuilds or anything for a year *easily*

with a four stroke, just do regular maintnence

if youre gonna race be extra picky when inspecting ur bike, if anythings wrong fix it or dont race

and if any engine troubles STOP RIDING IMMEDIATELY! and tear it down for an inspection

yamaha forever! 06 yz250f and soon to be 07 yz250f