Race fuel near Ptlnd/Beaverton?

Looking to for some 110 leaded fuel around here. Who's got the best deals?

That is some good stuff that C12:) The best/cheap place to get it is in Tri-Cities. Northwet has 111 octance 76 fuel in 5 gallon cans, leaded,, Rocket Brand for $30 bucks! (503)585-5675 www.northwetpowersports.com ask for Mike and tell him Joe McLaughlin sent you and you will get the hook up price of $30. That is a smoking good price C12 runs around $65 retail for a 5 gallon can.

Joe.........

The most consistent that I have found leaded race fuel is distributed by R Tech (Outlaw 110). They also make an Oxygenated 100 octane. Cycle Gear in PDX and Salem always have it in stock when I have gone looking. Either is less expensive than the VP or Elf alternatives and actually seems to be a very good fuel.

The other option is VP C12 or Elf ??? but I have had difficulty finding it at times. Seems that VP and Elf have the same distributor in the PDX area and they seem to have had problems with consistency in distribution.

Pat's Acres in Canby gets VP C12 in 55 gallon drums and you can buy it by the gallon if you wish. Call them if you need more info as I cannot remember what other fuels they also keep on hand in drums.

Hope this helps...

That is some good stuff that C12:) The best/cheap place to get it is in Tri-Cities. Northwet has 111 octance 76 fuel in 5 gallon cans, leaded,, Rocket Brand for $30 bucks! (503)585-5675 www.nortwetpowersports.com ask for Mike and tell him Joe McLaughlin sent you and you will get the hook up price of $30. That is a smoking good price C12 runs around $65 retail for a 5 gallon can.

Joe.........

joe, there is an H in there

www.northwetpowersports.com

Thanks. Especially Joe.

What's the shelf life on the 110 leaded? Can I buy 20 gals and sit on it for a while?

That would beat driving to Salem every month.

You know I had two 55 gallong drums of C12 over the past few years. I had a little left in one of them this spring and Iwas not going to use itbecause it was at least a year old. However, a buddy took a sniff of the fuel and said it was still good. I used it in a few a little at a time with no problems, then filled a bike that was empty,,, still no problems. Now this drum has been sealed and sitting inside my garage. I hear leaving them outside in the sun can shorten the life?? What you may not know when buying fuel is how long it has been sitting at the place you buy it from???? Anyway, to answer you question,,, you should be able to sit on fuel for a fuel cell for a year. Leave it sealed and keep it in a cool shaded spot.

Joe.........

R-Tech is crap for consistancy. We tested it for road racing this year, and it would make great power on one bike and then nothing in another. One of my friends fought a weird seemingly electrical problem on his R1 for 3 race weekends until we figured out it was the Rtech. I almost gave him a GSXR 1000 enima at 165mph when his bike shut off and I was drafting him, again due to the Rtech. USE VP. Seriously for local Portland stuff call EDR 503-629-7223.

I'm sorry to hear of your problems with R-Tech. I just haven't had or seen the issues you speak of, although I do not discount your observations. R-Tech is a SMUSA sponsor and many riders/racers run the fuel. I am not aware of anyone having the stated problems. I will file this away in my bank of tuning info.