Sign in to follow this  

2006 kxf 450 no spark

i bought a 450 back in april and i was out riding it and we stopped and tried to fire it up and it would fire so i took it back to the truck and checked spark plug and noticed that it was getting spark so i dont know if its the coil or the stator i checked all connectors for corrosion but i just dont kno whats up so if any one knows what i could do or how to test a stator or coil let me know

What did the spark plug look like?

I had issues with starting my bike when I first got it. My guess is that the bike has some crappy dealer gas in it and some condensation build up. My fix was to put a new plug in, drain the gas from your tank and carb and then put some fresh 93 octane in. Once this was done, it took a few kicks to get the juices flowing again but once it fired, it kicked right in and started right every time after that.

the plug looked awsome lean from changing elavation but it was running good i had aready ran 6 tank threw it but all the wires looked good i put a plug in and the same thing so i dont know

Your still in the 6 month warranty window. If you've ruled out the sparkplug and any damage from riding, take it back to your dealer for warranty work.

I am sure you have checked the connection of the spark plug cap, check one more time. Also before you get too far into it try a new cap.

they said that there was no warranty so does ne one know the ohm specs for an 06 kxf 450 so i dont havent to buy it if it is somthing else maybe a coil or broken wire i dont know until i test the stator

they said that there was no warranty so does ne one know the ohm specs for an 06 kxf 450 so i dont havent to buy it if it is somthing else maybe a coil or broken wire i dont know until i test the stator

Did you download and look in the Service Manual? If not, there is a link in the stickied FAQ Thread to a PDF version of the service manual. If the ohm specs exist, they will be in there.

Who told you that and what did they base it on. These bikes DO come with a warranty for 6 months. Don't let a dealer give you a line, if they tell you no warranty tell them you would like the Kawi reps phone number. If you work on it and screw it up, then you don't have a warranty. You could have had it fixed by now through Kawasaki. Call corporate if the dealer tries to lie to you again.

Warranty? Mine said NO WARRANTY on the sticker on the rear fender, same as the last MXer I bought. ???

Did you get paperwork when you bought it? They all come with a 6 month warranty from the factory against factory defects. It does not cover anything you do, just defects from the factory.

Mine went in for a leaking countershaft seal and was fixed under the warranty. Take a look at your paperwork.

In your question you said you had spark when you got back to truck. I know this sounds stupid but I am not sure about your area, but here they are putting ethanol in the fuel and I have seen it corode the float needle in the carb body hense no fuel getting into motor. just a idea to look into