Sign in to follow this  

Dr. Mark-Update on ankle fracture

Dr. Mark, as you have asked about the xray of my fracture, I have contacted the ortho's office, requested for an x ray, and here I am still waiting for them to call and tell me to pick it up. Perhaps you can advise me for a second with your experience. The doc said I have a fractured fibula, in my ankle, and that it was slightly if at all displaced. He did not give me a cast, rather a boot to strap on along with crutches. A week ago i had a slip up, hit the ground hard, had it re-xrayed and he said it moved slightly, but not enough for a cast or surgery. It has been 3 weeks since the initial accident. What would you advise to do as far as exercising to get the flexibility back? Right before I reinjured my ankle last week, I was able to walk a few steps, rotate my foot almost completely, but after that fall it got tight again, and it wasnt til the last couple days i started to gain it back. Would you advise a stationary bike just yet, walking with boot but no crutches? again it has been 3 weeks since the break, and 1 week since the reinjuring of it. i am due to go back in two weeks for what hopefully will lead him to say im cleared to wakl and ride. until i can post the xrays for you, what would you advise. thanks

The proof in alway in the pudding. Tell the doc you WANT a copy of the X-ray and post it.