Sign in to follow this  

yz250 vs yz450f vs 250SX vs 450SXF

I don't know which one to get I ride a 2001 YZ426 right now and am now saving for an 07 or 06(yz's only) dirt bike and I just read about the 07 250SX and it looks pretty awesome but I don't know what to get whats your guys thoughts I plan on racing next year and I go trail riding usually 3 weeks every summer up north other than that I just mess around in my back yard practicing

my main question is could I still be competitive on a 250 2-stroke racing??

On the local level absolutely you can be competitive on a 2 stroke. Id go for the 07 250 sx but I may be a little biased. I have an 04 250 sx and am considering trading it in for an 07.

well i no that the yz250 is on of the best 250 2-strokes around. i would say which ever you prefer a 2-stroke or 4 stroke. i think 250's are still competitive in amature (spelling) racing.

That new ktm 450sxf sounds like it is going to be a beast... 59hp they claim! I prefer the 2 smokes though, and the KTM sounds like they got the suspension dialed for this year and the motor has always been tops in the class. Besides, it just looks good. You not gonna go wrong with any of the four though, if the KTM floats your boat, go for it, your not gonna be any better or worse off either way.

100% correct and its lighter yet but that 07 250SX looks awesome you can even get it with a switch for 2 different ignition maps and supposedly it only weighs 210 lbs I guess the deciding factor on the 2 vs 4 stroke will be weather I sell my 426 or not if I don't then I'll get a 2-stroke for racing and keep the 426'er for trail but if I do then I'll get a 4-stroke for both

yea I always hear that KTM's are the fastest 2-strokes out of the box but there suspension was not good but now I guess they finally got them both down

I may buy a used yz250 for the right price I dunno

yea I always hear that KTM's are the fastest 2-strokes out of the box but there suspension was not good but now I guess they finally got them both down

I may buy a used yz250 for the right price I dunno