Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Florida next weekend. Where do I ride???

I'm moving down to Daytona Beach, FL to attend AMI motorcycle institute next weekend. Where are some good places to ride around there? And are there any sand dunes to ride?

Not really any sand dunes but there is pax track and also bithlo motorsports that are pretty close to Daytona. There are lots of other tracks to ride at also in florida. There is a website ( prosportusa ) that has a list of all the tracks here.

slim pickins in the daytona area anymore.pax track is about 30 minutes away,bithlo about an hour,ocala forest about an hour ,has about 10000 miles of killer trails but the state is working on shutting it down because drunkin idoits on 4wheelers have raped the forest.

5A- just minutes from Daytona-

PM me if you need directions.

I have been there 3 times and had a blast every time.

whats 5A :thumbsup:

Basically it's like croom I guess I could say. Although I have never been to croom but from what I have seen in pictures and some videos it is pretty much the same. Except it is an open place just find a spot to park and go ride.

As I was coming home last Sunday from Waldo, there was a firetruck and 2 ambulances at the 5A parking lot. I suspect that area will be slammed shut soon!!! 5A gets infested with quads and jeeps/trucks a lot just so you know.

From Daytona you have:

PaxTrack MX- Bunnell

Bostwick MX - Bostwick

NFMX - Hillard (NW of J-ville)

Waldo MX - Waldo

Bithlo MX - Bithlo

If you want to see them all go to prosportsusa.com

Don :thumbsup:

btw, Doug, 5A refers to an old FL numbered exit off of I-95 (Scottsmor/Mims)

If you were coming south on 95 passing 5A when you got to Hwy 46 you were about 2 minutes from my house. It does get pretty hairy out there some times. It doesnt surprise me to hear you seen medical out there. But at least I can say I have never ran into any type of disrespect from the quads and trucks out there while riding. All have shown courtesy in moving over and same from me

anywhere to take someone to learn how to ride in Florida? my girl just got a klx125

A few of the tracks mentioned above have decent pee-wee tracks. I took my son to Bostwick the first time he got on is new bike. They have an infield section that allowed him to do figure-eights, practice the clutch starts, and stops, and get a basic feel for the bike. All away from other riders.

He then graduated to the peewee track when he was comfortable. These kids catch on alot faster than we think they would...:thumbsup:

NEVER EVER GO TO 5A ON A WEEKEND!

First off, that place isn't that great. But on weekends you are flirting with death. Drunk quad riders are lurking around every turn. Stay home and watch a game if that is your only option.

did a search but couldn't find it, where is bostwick

www.bostwickmx.com

It's just a few minutes south of Green Cove Springs, and North of Palatka...literally on the Clay and Putnam County line. Look for the orchid farm on the west side of Hwy17 and Sungarden Road. Head West on Sungarden (dirt road) for about 2 miles or so....you can't miss it.

slim pickins in the daytona area anymore.pax track is about 30 minutes away,bithlo about an hour,ocala forest about an hour ,has about 10000 miles of killer trails but the state is working on shutting it down because drunkin idoits on 4wheelers have raped the forest.

Why do you say that the State is working on shutting it down? They just recently opened it up. They closed a small portion on the southern end but most of the forrest is wide open. It's a national forrest by the way so it's under Federal control isn't it? Most of it consists of stands of toilet paper trees anyway. Even a drunken quad rider can do very little damage to a toilet paper pine tree. Falling trees have been known to take out the occaisional quad though.