Valve adjustment

In the past i have had my valves checked and reshimmed by a friend of my dads, that works for my local dealer, but ithink its about time to take on checking and adjusting the valves my self. I have and 04 crf250r and i feel that with the hours i've been putting on it, its gonna start needing alot of maintnance which i canot afford to pay for. It would be great if anyone could give me some helpful tips before i tackle the project. Any advice would be great, thanks.

step 1 start your bike

step 2 get a string and tie it to your footpeg

step 3 hold your throttle wide open and tie the other end of string around the throttle

step 4 wait patiently for your bike to blow up

step 5 buy a new head

that way you dont have to check anything :thumbsup:

seriously though, just take your time and follow the manual and you will be fine

step 1 start your bike

step 2 get a string and tie it to your footpeg

step 3 hold your throttle wide open and tie the other end of string around the throttle

step 4 wait patiently for your bike to blow up

step 5 buy a new head

that way you dont have to check anything :thumbsup:

:applause: dude you gotta stop joking around, i just checked my valves that way and my valves went threw my piston, now i need an 07 head and stuff :ride:

YA YOU JERK same thing happend to me i think you lied to us :thumbsup: i think you need to pay for the repairs its gonna be like $8000 PM me and well set up a way for you to wire the money