Sign in to follow this  

Keihin fuel screw adjustment advice

Sorry but Im sumped. I have very easily fitted a larger main jet whilst doing the 3x3 mod to my DRZ400E, all you have to do is twist the carb a littke to get clear access, but then I go to adjust the fuel screw and I cant believe where it is!!!!!

How on earth do you adjust the fuels screw without dismantelling half the bike??? it points straight at the starter motor and I cant twist the carb far enough to get a screw driver in.

Is there a trick ????

:thumbsup:

Sorry but Im sumped. I have very easily fitted a larger main jet whilst doing the 3x3 mod to my DRZ400E, all you have to do is twist the carb a littke to get clear access, but then I go to adjust the fuel screw and I cant believe where it is!!!!!

How on earth do you adjust the fuels screw without dismantelling half the bike??? it points straight at the starter motor and I cant twist the carb far enough to get a screw driver in.

Is there a trick ????

:applause:

Yep...buy the extended fuel screw. :thumbsup:

Link <-----Call Jesse at Kientech. Great guy! :ride: Tell him you have the 'E' model with the FCR carb (if that is what the E model has in the UK).

Im currently grinding a piece of spring steel to try and make a tiny screw driver !!!!!!! This is a horrible design. :thumbsup::ride::applause:

I'm frustrated with adjusting it even with the extended fuel screw, man, these are tight quarters!

by twisting it I could just get a screwdriver tip from a powerdrill in the slot. it was a real bear and is worth it for the extended screw.

Aha...I have it.

You have to twist the carb round and pull it out of the front rubber hose, then hang on to it whilst you delecately put a very long very thin screw driver through !!!!!!!

Three hands would probably help.

I also like the fact that the oil breather box which sits on the other side of the carb is impossible to remove to make rotation of the carb easier. It looks like they weld the frame around it !!!!!!

And I thought my Yamaha R1 with its 4 cylinders, big frame and 4 carbs was a pain to work on for simple jobs, I was wrong !!!!!!!

Stupid design!

Even the extended fuel screw only helps a little, I have large hands and can barely adjust it.