Sign in to follow this  

good jetting for a 250SXF in las vegas

i have a 2006 ktm 250SXF and i need some help getting the jetting good for the las vegas area right now it really sucks i have a quick shot and a ajustable fuel screw i just need proper jetting for it

thanks

Try posting in the "Jetting" forum, and ask for Eddie Sisneros or J.D.

I run the JD Jetting jetting kit in my 525, and am happy with the kit and his instructions for all locations and altitudes (the kit comes with a sheet, with recommendations for different altitudes, temperatures, and conditions). It's not just jets, the standard KTM needles are "in between" for many of us, and JD machined some different tapers that work a little better (at least on the bigger RFS's).

He lists a kit for the SXF here:

JD Jetting - KTM 250 SXF

When in Vegas at the World Minis in April with 2006 SXF we ran stock pipe with stock jets, needle one clip leaner and the shorter duration Yamaha diapram, with PC Exhaust went up to 170 main jet. The Boysen quick shot doesnt work on the SXF as pump volume is too much but works well with a leaner (longer nipple) pump diapram.

What year bike?

The stock setup from KTM is very workable with one exception, the accelerator pump makes a very large squirt! If you have a very steady hand this works OK, most have to reduce the volume of the squirt. KTM has added a place for a "leak jet" on the 07 to give you an option to reduce the squirt, the Boysen piece is intended for bikes that have too small of a squirt (something I have not met) so take off the "quick shot" and toss it!

Note, the bikes that need a bigger squirt can have the squirt increased for under $10 for a smaller leak jet.

dave 07 SXF doesnt have a leak jet, the EXE - F which are the enduro versions with other codes that you get in States do have the leak jet.

I think we are both right?? According to the parts manuel it has the float bowl that is machined for the leak jet and is fitted with a blank (no hole) and the parts book lists 3 or 4 sizes available. Most if not all of the 06 had the same float bowl as prior KTM's that did not accomodate one at all.

I think we are both right?? According to the parts manuel it has the float bowl that is machined for the leak jet and is fitted with a blank (no hole) and the parts book lists 3 or 4 sizes available. Most if not all of the 06 had the same float bowl as prior KTM's that did not accomodate one at all.

Kinda makes you wonder if KTM thinks it necessary on the SXF. I believe the woods version has it, so I'd ride the bike stock without worrying about it. Appears KTM left it off the SXF on purpose. I bought the JD kit and JD Float bowl/leak jet for my SXF...talk about trying to jet a moving target. I'll probably have both of the JD items for sale in the coming weeks.