Noob Peg Question

Hi Guys,

I road my bike (DRZ400S) last weekend with a new pair of Thor Quadrant Boots. The boots are much thicker than my old street boots and they are hard to get under the gear shift lever to up-shift. I have the stock pegs and shift lever on the bike. Should I replace them with wider heavy duty pegs (IMS, Powerpegz, etc) and maybe a after market shift lever? Or do I just need to adjust the position of the gear shift lever? Is this common with MX type of boots? Thanks in advance.

FB

Thanks for all the replies. ? A lot of good information. :ride: I am going to adjust the shift lever when I get home and see how things work. I will also order so better pegs (I like the wider pegs). If need be then I will order a new shift lever.

With big dogs (mine are 13) you might consider Pivot Pegs. Check the TT store. THey are a high quality peg that pivots. It feels wierd at first but when you get used to it it's totally natural. You're not constantly moving around on the peg slooking for the right position.

Be careful moving your lever up. I moved mine up 2 splines at first and it is right in front of the very delicate magnesium cover. I need to pick up the case savers next.

Be careful moving your lever up. I moved mine up 2 splines at first and it is right in front of the very delicate magnesium cover. I need to pick up the case savers next.

Round the canopener on the backside of the stock lever if you choose to keep it. Also be careful that you don't create interference with the cover that will impede the ability to shift,,,it can happen.

Round the canopener on the backside of the stock lever if you choose to keep it. Also be careful that you don't create interference with the cover that will impede the ability to shift,,,it can happen.

Took off all the burrs with a dremel.

Got a pic of the shifter with the grindage done?