Sign in to follow this  

Fair price 07 450xc?

Anybody know what the dealers invoice is on the new 07 450xc, would like to know if Im getting a great deal otd or getting screwed :thumbsup::applause::ride: Thanks!!!!

I would think right now if you could get it out the door for MSRP you would be doing good.

do you guys think 7500 OTD is decent for an 06 450 XC? Thanks

I don't think it's terrible for CA, but I think you could get it for $500-$1000 cheaper from another state. Try the other site and use the get a quote feature. Had mine shipped for free to my door. I just had to pay the taxes and put the front wheel and bars on.

Wow that sounds pretty good...by other site, do you mean KTM talk? I've always been the kind of idiot that likes to buy things at a store and take em home with me right then and there tho. Financing is a bit of a necessity to me at this point as well :thumbsup:

Back in 2004 when I was searching for a 450 EXC in SoCal, I was turned on to Cycle Zone in Topeka, KS...They saved me over $1K and shipped it in a crate ( I had to install the handelbars & headlight). Look them up, ask for Mike Kruger, you will not be disappointed. I've been buying all my parts since.

You should not have any trouble financing you new scoot. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I too would like to find a dealer to ship a new crated bike. In my opinion most shops don't assemble as well as I'd like. (loose bolts, torq check critical fasteners etc)

That's not too bad. I want the 450 XC too! 2006 is fine. I could do without the black wheels, since it seems they will get ugly quick. The XC's have a lighting coil or head light already installed, right????

I don't think it's terrible for CA, but I think you could get it for $500-$1000 cheaper from another state. Try the other site and use the get a quote feature. Had mine shipped for free to my door. I just had to pay the taxes and put the front wheel and bars on.

Don't forget that sales tax will be due when you register. 8.25% (or so, depending on the county you live in) will eat up the savings pretty quick. The kicker for me is that if your new bike has any problems, who is gonna help you with warranty claims? When I bought my xc, the first bike the dealer built had a broken ring. If I would have gotten that bike shipped to me from out of state, what would I have had to do to make it right? Best case would be waiting two weeks or more for shipping the bad bike back and another new bike to me. But what if the remote dealer questioned my word when I said "new bike was broken when I got it". As it was for me, the dealer grabbed another bike, built it, and I was 2 hours late getting home with my perfect new bike.

I have never understood shopping based on price alone. IMO service is worth paying for. Just be sure that the shop you are dealing with has good service. Thats why I bought from Mojave KTM, and never even considered Chapparal or Berts.

The kicker for me is that if your new bike has any problems, who is gonna help you with warranty claims?

Local dealer support is a good point, but couldn't any authorized KTM dealer cover a warranty issue regardless of where you bought it?

by other site, do you mean KTM talk? Financing is a bit of a necessity to me at this point as well :thumbsup:

Yes and I financed mine.

I did get a quote for a crated 07 450 dual sport and a new crated KTM EXC from Cycle Zone in Topeka. Very quick to respond and $500 less than local dealers. Of course no one has the DS rides in stock yet.

The local dealer I spoke to said he's only receiving 5 of the DS bikes for the whole year and two are spoken for.

I wish I only paid $7,500 for my 250, $7,800 otd, thats msrp plus $500 freight and shipping, dealer get one a month and the waiting list is long, you know you only go though life once...Tried the old I walking trip and the sales manager says, hey the owners wife makes the prices on the first shipments of bikes, price will be cheaper next spring if there is anymore left...Fat chance, this bike is as good as it live up to..

... Cycle Zone in Topeka. Very quick to respond and $500 less than local dealers.

I don't think you can go wrong with Cycle Zone. I Got my bike this last thursday, 6 days after it was shipped. They saved me $400-500 compared to my local dealers. The local dealers will do warranty work or service to anyones KTM, you just might not get priority over someone who bought there.

that makes me feel better i suppose...I'm tired of not having a bike(been waiting all summer to make the cash and sell the old bike, etc) Think I'm just gonna head in there on Tuesday and said fawk it and go for it!! :thumbsup:

Local dealer support is a good point, but couldn't any authorized KTM dealer cover a warranty issue regardless of where you bought it?

Sure, they probably should. But I can't think of a worse way to introduce myself to a dealer than walking in with a mail order bike and asking for warranty service. When my newly uncrated xc started blowing smoke, the shop stayed open for 3 hours past closing to get me taken care of. If I wheeled an internet bike into the shop it would be the last priority, for sure.

Total OTD price cannot be compared until you are through with any DMV requirements. In Calif, sales tax and registration adds 8 or 9% to the sales price. The mail order dealers are really good guys, their service is top notch. But when I added the #s, I paid less than $100 more than I would have by Web shopping. And that $100 has more than been made up by the service recieved during and after the bike purchace.

I don't think you can go wrong with Cycle Zone. I Got my bike this last thursday, 6 days after it was shipped. They saved me $400-500 compared to my local dealers. The local dealers will do warranty work or service to anyones KTM, you just might not get priority over someone who bought there.

You already have your 07? Very cool. Can we expect a ride report soon? How are the forks? Forks are the biggest functional change I see from my 06. And your EZ access clutch cover is worth a lot when changing plates...

Total OTD price cannot be compared until you are through with any DMV requirements. In Calif, sales tax and registration adds 8 or 9% to the sales price. The mail order dealers are really good guys, their service is top notch. But when I added the #s, I paid less than $100 more than I would have by Web shopping. And that $100 has more than been made up by the service recieved during and after the bike purchace.

Yes, the taxes need to be figured into the total. After taxes I saved $500. If I would have gone with the first quote it would have been $1000 saved. I was willing to take the risk with dealer support.