Sign in to follow this  

old 500- perfect!!

Just was wondering; the jug is unpainted and the bottom end is black - did they come that way? My '87 is all black and the 2001 is all unpainted. Did they put unpainted cylinders on the black lower ends in '88? I don't recall them being this way but will go look to see what google can come up with.

Wish I had room for it.

Nice bike but something seems a miss here, If he only rode it twice as it states then why i this??? "It's in absolutely brand new condition except a teenie spot on the left side of the frame where his boot wore on the paint." HMMM got to wonder what the real story is. Paint doesn't wear that fast in my world....

Dauntae

Probably just came out of the crate. I met a guy out a OHV park that bought 3 crated 1996 CR500's when the carb rules were first put in place. Around 2000 when I talked

to him he figure the first one would last 10 years the way it was wearing. He was thinking about selling one or both of the others at that time.

Of course in 2003, they moved it to 2002, and anyone that recently sold a 2001 model for a green sticker version was rather upset. :thumbsup:

Nice bike but something seems a miss here, If he only rode it twice as it states then why i this??? "It's in absolutely brand new condition except a teenie spot on the left side of the frame where his boot wore on the paint." HMMM got to wonder what the real story is. Paint doesn't wear that fast in my world....

Dauntae

It depends on how you ride!! Someone who squeezes the tank/frame with your legs/knees (like you should) can wear the paint off in 1 ride.. I've seen alum frames worn down by braces in a few rides :thumbsup:

Still a very clean bike.

My left side wears 1st! Same as the soles of your/my boots!! If you notice your shifting boot wears out quickly compared to the brake side. At least on my boots they do.

Just was wondering; the jug is unpainted and the bottom end is black - did they come that way? My '87 is all black and the 2001 is all unpainted. Did they put unpainted cylinders on the black lower ends in '88? I don't recall them being this way but will go look to see what google can come up with.

Wish I had room for it.

86's were all black, my 88 is black bottom end and unpainted cylinder, 88-89 were the same ...I believe the 87 was all black also...

86's were all black, my 88 is black bottom end and unpainted cylinder, 88-89 were the same ...I believe the 87 was all black also...

Thanks! My '87 is all black and I bought it new off the showroom floor. I just don't remember the 88-89 having an unpainted cylinder. Damn CRS is taking over.