Sign in to follow this  

KTM EXC450 Can u plate it in Wa?

Want a lighter bike than my DRZ400S but want a plate on it for the FS roads. Any problems plating a 2003-2005 KTM?

Most EXC's I see of that vintage have a plate, I think most dealers were able to send them out the door with a plate :thumbsup:

My brother got his 400 mx/c plated with no problem. The dealer told him the trick is to not buy ORV tabs when you purchase it because then the title gets stamped "for off-road use only" and it cannot be changed.

If you're buying a used one make sure the owner plated it first or it cannot be done. If you buy a new one the dealer will know exactly what you're talking about and give you a plate. My dealer told me 99% of his KTMs leave the shop with a plate, so most people have caught on by now.

Can the same be said for other makes of bikes? I am looking to buy a new YZ450F in the future and wanted it plated.

Can the same be said for other makes of bikes? I am looking to buy a new YZ450F in the future and wanted it plated.

No, japanese bikes are imported with different paperwork..... only the Eurotrash can be done, KTM, Gas Gas, Huskies, etc.... :thumbsup: