Sign in to follow this  

Battery and charger

Well I bought a trickle charger today. Black and decker. $17 Wally-World. Has 1amp and 2 amp settings as well as OFF. Came with the lead to pigtail to the battery and leave it there. I ran the wire through the air snorkle into the airbox. Now all I have to do is open the door and plug it in. Charger has all the features of other chargers and has auto shut off as well. Having it accessible is very handy and not having to remove the seat every time is even better.

Paul

Well I bought a trickle charger today. Black and decker. $17 Wally-World. Has 1amp and 2 amp settings as well as OFF. Came with the lead to pigtail to the battery and leave it there. I ran the wire through the air snorkle into the airbox. Now all I have to do is open the door and plug it in. Charger has all the features of other chargers and has auto shut off as well. Having it accessible is very handy and not having to remove the seat every time is even better.

Paul

Tip - if you open the open the airbox door you will notice there is a space (about 2" x 5") between the back of the airbox and the sideplate. That's where I ran my charger connector to / from the battery. It's outside the airbox so won't get gummed up by things in there, but is still accessable to plug in the trickle charger by just opening the airbox door. :thumbsup: