Sign in to follow this  

Pirelli Scorpion Pro - Mileage

Is this a good tire? What kind of mileage is it good for? My rear D606 knobbies are torn on each center knob. My rear tire was getting louder the past couple days, guess thats why. Only had 1000 miles or so on this set.

I do not run the Scorpion Pro Rear because it is FIM approved which means the knobs are limited to 1/2 inch. I really like the performance and value of the Kenda TrakMaster II Rear. (The TrakMaster II Front is horrible).

I exclusively run the Scorpion Pro up front. It is a zero compromise DOT tire. I get at least 1,000 miles out of one.

I purchased a Pirelli Scorpion MX eXTra 110/100-18 64M N.H.S. August '07.

It was mounted on my 2002 XR400r and has not been raced,just trails,no street.It has about 65% tread left.09/06/08 The inside parted the threads from the carcass and shredded my ultra heavy duty inner tube.I took them back to my local motorcycle dealer where I purchased them.They were nice enough to print out my receipt from last year,and told me I would have to contact Pirelli direct.I went online and e-mailed Pirelli tires division and Pirelli Corporate,that was 09/13/08.Waiting on reply.

I have pics but can't post here.It ain't pretty.

I just put the Scorpion Pro 90/90-21 on the front of my 08 XR650L, only got to ride it homw after putting it on. Will get some trails in next weekend, amd I'm curious about how long it will last for me.

I put a 130/90-18 D606 on the rear as well am am curious about how long that will last as well. I commute to work 1-2 times a week, use it for small errands on it and ride trails every other weekend.

I had the MT83 Scorpion Pro on the front and it worked well, but chunked just about every side knob on a rocky day. I much prefer the MT16 front for a DOT tire that is very durable and performs well in most situations.

I don't run a DOT rear tire, but my MT16 rear got well over 1000 hard D/S miles (probably closer to 1500), performing better everywhere than the similarly durable Maxxis IT.

If you must have a DOT rear tire, though, I wouldn't hesitate to try the Scorpion Pro.