Sign in to follow this  

Hey Guy Your Bike is ******

My son and I go to our favorite track last week for a Wednsday practice and a couple of guys park next to us and start unloading, and I notice the one guy has a bike like mine except his has a lot of sweet looking mods, Bars,Rims Pipe etc. Then he starts it up and :thumbsup: it's the loudest 2-stroke I have ever heard, I had to walk away. Now I really wanted to walk up to the guy and say "Dude why don't you buy a silencer to go with all your mods", but I can tell by the way he kept revving the bike he loved it, I don't know is it any of my business to bag on the guy and tell him his bike is going to get the place shut down. It was so weird I liked that bike so much until he started it then I wanted it to blow up.

Yea, thats pretty gay...His bike probobly runs like crap...

But I hate it even more when a stock 4 stroke MX bike starts, pipe on it, forget it....

So was he fast, or just loud?

I didn't get to see him ride, shortly after they got there it started raining hard. We didn't stick around too long after that.

I hate any form of noise pollution!

Yeah but how many times have you walked up to a person you never met before and said "Em excuse me but would mind putting a real silencer on your pimped out bike." I think I'd be thinking, Mind your own business there noise freak. I really think the operators of the track have to step up and say it.

It's a tough thing for them to do also, because one person's stupid loud is another person's sweet sounding bike.

I hate any form of noise pollution!

I was at the nationals at Unadilla a few weeks ago, and even at the track for our local races- I noticed those aftermarket pipes are excessively loud. I as a rider even found it offensive. Its too bad more people don't realize that the noise will do us in. :thumbsup:

I like loud pipes.

Thats nice. I'm not going to get on your case because we have a difference of opinion, just watch where you are when you let your bike rip.

This thread pretty much sums up why the sport is in danger. 3 posters that like loud pipes with a combined IQ i'm guessing somewhere around 100.

Loudness in public areas is whats killing our sport. Closed courses, such as Pro Nationals and local races aren't the problem, it's the guy who rides up and down his street or blasting behind peoples houses.

sub you are an idiot just because you like loud bikes doesn't mean they are dumb or that they have a loud bike for that matter. I think if its on a race track then have at I mean you don't know loud till you sit a few feet from a nitro funny car or top fuel dragster and listen to it launch off the line now that is loud so all these people that say loud sucks can kiss my butt your not gonna win any battles by making your bike super quiet you will just make all the eco-nazis move to the next problem with dirt bikes instead or worrying about how loud a bike is you should be worrying about showing people the positive side of riding

I didn't get to see him ride, shortly after they got there it started raining hard. We didn't stick around too long after that.

Why? Wet dirt is tacky -- great times. Did loud boy stick around and ride? I don't like loud either, BTW. But if he stuck around and rode fast in the rain, and didn't violate any local noise limits (most MX practice sessions don't have noise limits, unfortunatly), then more power to him. He still has to meet the noise regs for the AMA races on the weekends.

sub you are an idiot just because you like loud bikes doesn't mean they are dumb or that they have a loud bike for that matter. I think if its on a race track then have at I mean you don't know loud till you sit a few feet from a nitro funny car or top fuel dragster and listen to it launch off the line now that is loud so all these people that say loud sucks can kiss my butt your not gonna win any battles by making your bike super quiet you will just make all the eco-nazis move to the next problem with dirt bikes instead or worrying about how loud a bike is you should be worrying about showing people the positive side of riding

Um, you aren't really helping your point of view with that post, Gone. When you flaunt capitalization and punctuation and grammar, you present yourself as an idiot. Learn to persuade people well, and you will go far. Compare and contrast your post with my last post son. :thumbsup:

loud is the first mod most of the nimrods do around here, heck alot of them do a loud pipe and nothing else. but its a neighborhood of open pipe Harley clones so you gotta figure their kids are gonna be just as bad.

Alright, now you guys are starting to sound just like the tree huggers. This guy was at a TRACK were it is ok to have loud pipes. Now if he was riding on public lands or behind the neighbors house, the guy would be an insensitive jerk and would make the rest of us bikers look bad. At the track, LOUD IS OK. Give the guy a break.

IMO, if you guys actually cared about it, and wanted to do good "for the sport" you would be going above and beyond to be considerate and talk to these people with loud pipes in a respectful way, and get your point across allowing them to have an opinion to.

people who say "This thread pretty much sums up why the sport is in danger. 3 posters that like loud pipes with a combined IQ i'm guessing somewhere around 100" is the reason guys that like loud pipes (like me) dont care to change.

if you cant respect me enough to consider me an equal and discuss benefits to quieting down, i say make it LOUD AS YOU CAN.

my 2 cents.