Sign in to follow this  

just wondering

I really want to ride Kennedy Meadows one of these days. Maybe later in the fall. Are any of the trails there okay for quads? My dad and brother ride em, and I ride with them. I'm usually happy riding where ever, it doesn't have to be single track.

Personally I wouldnt take anyone in my group up there with a quad. We were there last weekend and one buddy was going to head up the problem was he is on a Quadzilla. Like I told him there is ONLY ONE trail which is a jeep trail that you are able to ride a quad. I think that riding the same trail over and over would get boring real quick!

You can ride a quad on Monache Jeep trail and thats about it.

I saw quad tracks on some other trails though, I am glad I didnt find them.

every good trail at KM is closed to quads. leave your dad and brother at home and go with someone who can balance a 2-wheeler.

my dad is too old and out of shape for a bike. (:thumbsup: I hope he doesn't read this) I'm just glad I get to ride with him, even if he is on a quad. he has ridden plenty of motorcycles back in the day.

my brother will be getting a real bike soon. as long as we're out there as a family, that's all that matters.

so I guess KM is off then. oh well.

my dad is too old and out of shape for a bike. (:applause: I hope he doesn't read this) I'm just glad I get to ride with him, even if he is on a quad. he has ridden plenty of motorcycles back in the day.

my brother will be getting a real bike soon. as long as we're out there as a family, that's all that matters.

so I guess KM is off then. oh well.

Go :applause: with your DAD @ KM or any where else you want to :applause: with your DAD :thumbsup: I wish i could.Go get a map or go online and print a map.You can put out a thread in Calif.and find a group to go with :ride:

Go :applause: with your DAD @ KM or any where else you want to :applause: with your DAD :thumbsup: I wish i could.Go get a map or go online and print a map.You can put out a thread in Calif.and find a group to go with :ride:

i agree with desert rat 450 anytime you can go riding with your family it's all good! don't let the lawnmower haters get you down. :applause:

On a quad, Kennedy is more about the scenery and great camping, and NOT the riding (although a beginner might find it challenging).

Like they said, only one road system is open to quads. What we do, is stage out at the fire safe area, load the stuff on the utility quads (or pull a trailer behind the quad with the gear in it), and head in to the river campsites to enjoy some nice family camping.