Sign in to follow this  

Rocky Point Riding over Labor day

Ok So I'm going to Rocky Point for Labor Day weekend and am wondering where a guy can get in 70 plus mile ride hopefully including some beach riding in that area. Please advise. any vets of the area intersted in riding that weekend please send me a message. Riding my wr400 and ready for some good long/ all day rides. The guys I 'm going with are not all day rider and I don't just want to ***** foot around camp. Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

I dont know the area very well. However--we did a fun trip down there couple months ago. We followed the train tracks north out of town--fun sandy road parallel on the east side of the tracks. At the first 'emergency station' we crossed the tracks and went south and west to the coast. Then went north on the main road. Fun and easy riding. You could just go south on the coast and make it just about a 70 mile loop.

Follow the train tracks north from RP. Cross the tracks when the road ends, and head towards the coast. When you hit the beach, go North to Santa Del Golfo(El Golfo) You can get food/beer/fuel there and return.

Will be a little over 100 miles each way, mostly in sand. You should carry enough fuel that you normally run 120 mile on. I carry 4.3 on my 650R and make with little to spare. Made it on my XR400 with 4gal also.

Make sure your bike is in great condition...not a good place to break down.

Any GPS will show the train tracks if you get lost, just go to them and follow them home.