Sign in to follow this  

Sliders

I got a 92 DR650 tarded. The solid axels are keeping me from getting sliders on. Any ideas on sliders for solid axels? Sure could have used them a few weeks ago when I went down.

Thanx for your in-put

From what i have read people often drill a hole in the end of there axel , they then thread it and screw on axel sliders, in theory it would work fine but i don't feel comfortable yet drilling holes in my bike . :thumbsup:

You could put slider/spools on the swingarm like on a sportbike. I did this on my CBR600 with threaded rivets I inserted into small hoes I drilled on each side, worked great, only cost about $20.

Ed Teller

never used rivits befor. i could weld tubes on swing arm and use spool sliders, but i cant weld. got any pics of your 600's sliders so i can get an idea?

thanx :thumbsup:

frame, axel, and handle protectors. so when you lay it down (crash) the protectors take the hit, not the vitals of your bike.

I've bought some Delrin rod to fab some sliders with, a friend has a couple of lathes to turn the rod on. The back axle is easy, I've got a grade 8 bolt to go thru the axle and hog out the rod to make it sit flush on the swingarm. Then counterbore the end so the bolt is recessed. Front axle is different story, not sure what I'm going to do yet. The axle is forward on the fork so centering the hole in the rod may not be the best idea. I was thinking, slightly offset the hole and then radius the rod to lay flush against the fork tube. Not sure if it will work on a high speed lay down. I was also thinking about fabricating a flat piece of Delrin to bolt on the lower part of the heat shield on the muffler as I scraped it when I layed the bike down while riding a road coarse with the Trailwings. Any ideas on the front sliders, if anyone has a great idea let me know.