Directions to Devils Staircase in Gifford Pinchot?

Thanks Ride,

Any suggestions on how to incorporate that trail into a loop? Is it legal to ride on any of the gravel roads like between 294 and 270?

Steve

If you have a fax # I could send you a 72 mile loop that incorporates it, there is a little road that will put you at risk, (minimal), of getting popped. It's a long day and a long ride but pretty sweet ?

I left you a PM with my fax number. That's a bummer about the road situation. :applause:

Thanks,

Steve

It is what it is...... with a little input and work, very nice loops could be made but that would only mean more ORV opportuniuties and we cannot be having that :applause:?:applause:

If I'm a bad guy or poor ambassador of our sport because I illegally ride road down in the GPNF, then I wear the title proudly :applause: It's ridiculous to have all of these cool little 8 - 15 mile trails that don't connect :ride:

If you have a fax # I could send you a 72 mile loop that incorporates it, there is a little road that will put you at risk, (minimal), of getting popped. It's a long day and a long ride but pretty sweet ?

That was a great loop Don, thanks again.

Kelly

crashhard_17: The ride was awesome. We rode Don's 71 mile loop in the opposite direction starting from the tongue mountain trail head, up devils stair case, cut across 263 by Dark Meadow, and over to 265 to Chain of Lakes and Horseshoe lake where we took a quick dip, rode 110 and then 270 back up to the tongue mountain trail head.

The trails were pretty dusty and we had to stay back a minute or so to let the dust settle down but otherwise it was a great ride. ?

crashhard_17: The ride was awesome. We rode Don's 71 mile loop in the opposite direction starting from the tongue mountain trail head, up devils stair case, cut across 263 by Dark Meadow, and over to 265 to Chain of Lakes and Horseshoe lake where we took a quick dip, rode 110 and then 270 back up to the tongue mountain trail head.

The trails were pretty dusty and we had to stay back a minute or so to let the dust settle down but otherwise it was a great ride. ?

Reverse direction :applause: way to go :ride:

It is a short section of the Juniper Ridge trail. It should be accessed from the Boundary trail. Check out the Gifford Pinchot web site, recreation, motorized trail bikes, Juniper Ridge trail description. Go up either East Canyon ridge trail or Green Mountain and High lakes trail. to Boundary trail, to Juniper. They are all outstanding. ?

Steve was that you and your buddy on the CRF 450R's? If so I talked to you at the Dark medows trail intersection. We were on the Suzukis.

Yeah that was us, were you on the 2 or the 4 stroke? That quad that was behind you two on 263 turned around right before the top. I was amazed at how much he tore up the trail, It looked like a pack of elephants came through there! Anyways, I plan on heading back out there and checking out the trails you or your buddy mentioned by snag tooth mountain.

Maybe we could hookup for a ride and you could play tour guide? ?

Steve

If anybody is putting together a St Helens ride and could use an extra, PM me. I have been jonesing to ride this one, but am to chicken/wise to do it alone. I can take off during the week with a little notice.

I ride every weekend, either dirt or street and (depending on the day) am a solid middle aged B rider both dirt and track: reasonably skillful, but missing the testosterone. Thanks