Sign in to follow this  

zongshen breaking up!!

I have a ssr c-4 with a zongshen engine in it and it breaks up on top! Runs fine on botom to mid range but anything above that runs like shit!!! what could be the problem? I have checked everything that i could, electrical,valves, plug, carb everything! What is wrong!!!

Sounds like jetting to me. Maybe a little lean from 1/2 to WOT try a larger main or changing a clip position.

. Make sure your air filter is clean. If you have a fuel filter, replace it.Drain your gas and carb then get some fresh premium gas for starters,, if it still does it,, you might try this .Rich jetting usually causes a breaking up sensation,, lean jetting usually serges.. Put the clip back down one on the needle and go one leaner on main jet. Make sure you use fresh gas always. Also, after jetting play with fuel screw to fine tune it. My $.02,, good luck..

We had a few bikes a while back acting the same way. We messed with the carb and still ran the same. We finally swapped out the CDI box and problem solved. Not saying this is your problem, but, something to look at. If you have a buddy with a bike try his CDI box and see if that works.

Has there been a sudden increase in temperature where you are? If so, you are probably running rich. Go down on the main jet.

Check your plug. If it's black then you are rich for sure.

Yes... Go down at least 2 Main jet sizes to start with and put clip in the middle on the needle.

Example:

lets say you have a Mikuni carb and it has a 100 main jet and the jet sizes avalible to you are 95, 90 85, 80 Try a 85 main jet 1st see how it runs from 1/2 to full throttle. Chances are it will be real close. and all you will have to do is play with the Needle clip